Here’s a way to dress up New Year’s Eve, even if the holidays stretched your budget (and your time and energy) to the max! Mix up paint, cones of STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam, and a little sparkle and you’ll have yourself elegant, DIY New Year’s Eve decorations. Pair these Sparkling, Color Dipped Cones with the New Year’s Eve Confetti Wreath, and you are ready to ring in 2018!
To make Sparkling, New Year’s Eve Decor, you’ll need:
- STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam: 8” and 10” cones, or other sizes of your choice
- Acrylic craft paint in gold and black (I used DecoArt Elegant Finish in Splendid Gold and DecoArt Metallic Black)
- Glitter, fine gold and square gold
- Floral picks (for toppers)
- Tools needed: Scissors; paintbrush; painter’s tape (I used Frog Tape)
To make Sparkling, New Year’s Eve Decor:
1. Mask off cones with painter’s tape. I applied the tape diagonally on two cones, and horizontally around one cone.
2. Paint the gold portion first, and while wet, sprinkle with gold glitter. Let dry and carefully remove the painter’s tape.
3. Paint the other half of each cone in black. While paint is wet, sprinkle with square glitter. Let dry.
4. Trim floral picks, leaving a 1” – 2” stem. Insert and glue the stems in the tops of each cone.
I’m signing off for now, so I can catch up around here and get ready for the holidays! I wish you all a wonderful holiday to remember, and may your New Year’s Eve sparkle! Do you have any special plans?
Happy crafting, Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!