DIY a sparkling, New Year’s Eve Confetti Wreath

This is the first time I’ve featured DIY New Year’s Eve decorations on the blog, and this glitzy wreath suits the occasion! I found these mini, mirrored balls at Hobby Lobby several years ago and they reminded me of the mirrored ball that drops in Times Square on New Year’s Eve. They are the perfect accent for this sparkling, New Year’s Eve Confetti Wreath! I just wish I’d used a bigger wreath, as New Year’s Eve is all about the sparkle and the spectacle!

DIY New Year's Eve Confetti Wreath

I wish I’d used a larger wreath for more “bling”!

DIY New Year's Eve Confetti Wreath

The mini, mirrored balls remind me of the ball drop in Times Square.

To make a New Year’s Eve Confetti Wreath, you’ll need:

• STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam: 12” wreath, or other size of your choice (a larger wreath would be even more celebratory!)
  • Acrylic craft paint in metallic gold (I used DecoArt Elegant Finish in Splendid Gold and I loved it!)
  • Confetti, I used a combination of tissue paper and sequin confetti
  • Mirrored balls (from a floral pic)
  • Glitter in gold
  • Curling ribbon in gold
  • Chenille stem
  • Mod Podge
  • Low-temp glue gun
  • Tools needed: Scissors; paintbrush; pearl head pins

To make a New Year’s Eve Confetti Wreath:

1. Twist together ends of a 4” chenille stem. Insert and glue in the back of the wreath for a hanger.

2. Paint wreath gold and while wet, sprinkle glitter on the outside and inside edges of the wreath. Let dry.

3. Brush Mod Podge on the face of the wreath, and sprinkle with confetti. Pat confetti in place. Add more confetti where needed to fill in any gaps. Sprinkle with glitter. Let dry.

4. Tie one end of an 18” length of curling ribbon around a pearl head pin. Insert and glue the pin in a mirrored ball. Repeat for the other two balls.

5. Determine how you’d like the mirrored balls to hang in the center of the wreath. Tie the other end of the ribbon around a pearl head pin, adjusting so the mirrored ball hangs at the right height. Insert and glue the pin into the inside of the wreath. Repeat, hanging the other two mirrored balls in the center of the wreath. Trim away excess ribbon.

6. Curl additional lengths of ribbon, and pin and glue to the middle of the wreath.

DIY New Year's Eve Confetti Wreath

I used both paper confetti and sequin confetti.

The party’s not over yet . . . I’ll have a few more DIY decorations for New Year’s Eve later this week. Are you already making plans for New Year’s Eve, or are you just trying to get through Christmas first?

This entry was posted in Craft Tutorial, Entertaining, Wreaths and tagged , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to DIY a sparkling, New Year’s Eve Confetti Wreath

1. Stephanie says:

I am so glad that I ran across this website. I get so many fabulous ideas here. Keep up the great work and the fantasic ideas.

This is so shiny and bright. What fun this would be to hang up in the house.
    Hope you have a wonderful holiday!

3. Isn’t this a great addition for New Years this year! I love sparkle, gold, and silver. This one takes the cake. Looks like it is fun to create also. Happy New Years!

😘 Thanks, Angie. New Year’s Eve is so festive, and this makes an at-home celebration a little more glamorous. What do you do on New Year’s Eve? Happy crafting! Sharon

4. This is adorable! I’ve never made new years crafts or decor before but maybe I will this year!

Cute idea for New Years Eve!

6. Erin says:

Hi Sharon, this is such a great wreath for New Year’s Eve. I’m thinking of a few New Years Eve crafts but am still trying to get through Christmas 😀 I can’t wait to see more of your New Year’s décor. 🙂 -Erin

7. Oooooo! This wreath makes my sparkle loving heart sing! It is breathtaking and would look beautiful hanging in a large window!
    We don’t do anything for New Year’s other than offer to watch the grands! We don’t want to be on the roads that night but we go out for a quiet dinner sometime in January to celebrate!
    What do YOU do for New Years? Inquiring minds want to know. TFS!

😄 Thanks, Barb! It was a fun wreath to DIY. Our New Year’s Eve is pretty low key, too. We visit family, have appetizers for dinner, and eat Christmas cookies. And we all go to bed before midnight – woo hoo! Happy crafting to you! Sharon