DIY cute-as-can-be Snowman Ornaments

You just might find these DIY Snowman Ornaments addictive – I think it’s hard to stop at just one! Designer Linda Valentino had a kid’s craft in mind when she made these Snowman Ornaments, but I think it’s a fun, adult craft, too. If you can’t stop at just one, no worries – these Snowman Ornaments make easy and inexpensive, handmade gifts. Check the list of materials — I bet you have most of these supplies on  hand.

DIY Easy Snowman Ornaments

Easy Snowman Ornaments by Linda Valentino

To make Easy, Snowman Ornaments, you’ll need:

(Materials for one ornament)

• STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam: 1-7/8” x 2-1/2” egg
  • Fabric, ½” x 12” (scarf)
  • Silver cord, 9”
  • Chenille stems, one brown; one red or blue
  • Pom poms, two in green or blue
  • Craft foam sheet (foamie) in orange
  • Straight pins
  • Pearl head pins, two in black; two in green or blue
  • Optional:  Irridescent glitter
  • Thick, white craft glue
  • Tools needed: Scissors; ruler
DIY Snowman Ornament

You probably have most of these supplies on hand.

To make Easy, Snowman Ornaments:

1. Knot together ends of silver cord. Insert knot into small end of egg and add glue. Let glue dry.

2. Optional: Rub small amount of glue on egg and sprinkle with glitter. Shake off excess glitter and let dry.

3. Add the snowman’s features:

• Scarf: Wrap fabric strip around egg and knot and trim ends.
  • Eyes: Add glue to points of black pins and insert into face.
  • Nose: Cut small triangle from orange craft foam and glue to face.
DIY easy Snowman Ornament

Once the supplies are out, I think adults will want to join in and make a few of these easy Snowman Ornaments, too.

4. Arms: Twist together two, 2” lengths of brown chenille stem, forming twig arm. Repeat for a second arm. Dip in glue and insert arms into snowman’s sides.

5. Buttons: Dip colored pins in glue, and insert into front of snowman.

6. Ear muffs: Shape and glue 2” length of chenille stem to top of head. Glue a pom pom on either end.

DIY Snowman Ornaments

Make extra Snowman Ornaments to give as holiday gifts.

DIY Snowman Ornaments

We hung these on a rosemary tree, and you could also hang them on a wreath or garland.

So cute, right? Here are three more adorable Snowman Ornaments you might have to make!

Springy Snowman Ornament

DIY Snowman Ornament

Springy Snowman Ornament by Kathleen George

Glittering Snowman Ornament

DIY Snowman Ornament

Glittering Snowman Ornament by Kathleen George

Sweet Snowman Ornament

DIY Snowman Ornament

Sweet Snowman Ornament by Kathleen George

We’ve only had a few inches of snow this year, which came and went in a day. This Snowman Ornament is as close as I’ve gotten to making a snowman! How’s your winter weather so far?

This entry was posted in Christmas Ornaments, Craft Tutorial, Kid's Crafts, Snowmen and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to DIY cute-as-can-be Snowman Ornaments

1. Such a fun craft, ornaments are one of my favorite parts of the season! We detailed some of our faves of the year on our blog: https://areweadultsyetblog.wordpress.com/2017/12/07/favorite-christmas-ornaments-of-2017/

2. Phyllis Bravi says:

I love snowmen / snow women, these are the cutest, adorable ones and so easy to make. I can’t wait to get started making them. Such great projects for kids too. I’d love to have a Christmas tree with just all of them on it.
    Thank you for sharing such adorable snowmen, love, love, love.

Thank you, from one snowman fan to another. Do you have a snowman collection? Please let us know how your snowman ornaments turn out. Happy snowman crafting! Sharon

3. “It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas!” Aren’t these snowmen cute. Each one has a fun personality. All are whimsical. Thank you for sharing!

Thank you, Angie! Are your Christmas plans underway? Any Christmas crafts on your craft table? I’m getting ready to make a few batches of cookies at my house. Happy crafting! Sharon

Not feeling the winter down in south Florida, but I’m lovin these cute snowmen!

So far this week, I’m thinking I’m your neighbor, Katiria. It was in the 60s yesterday and will be sunny and warm again today. Crazy! I thought that maybe we had sent our snow your way, but I guess not. I can’t believe the bugs that are still crawling around — we need a deep freeze! Thanks for stopping in! Happy Christmas crafting! Sharon

5. Alice Hall says:

I love them all

Aww, thanks! It’s too hard to pick just one, isn’t it? I can see how easy it is to suddenly have a snowman collection! These are all easy enough that you could DIY every one of these cuties. Happy crafting! Sharon

These are definitely cute as can be!! Thanks for sharing.

7. Methinks Jenna and I will be making these today or tomorrow! She got her cast off on Friday and, even though they said she was going to need PT to be able to straighten and bend it, she was using it fully by Sunday! One part of the bone hasn’t healed as good as they wanted so she goes back in a month and if it isn’t healed by then they are going to have to rebreak it AGAIN and start all over! Ugh, I am praying that it is healed!
    She also wanted to say a huge THANK YOU for her goodies! She was SO excited! Her favorite was the Unicorn 🦄 headband! Thank you from us also for taking outer precious angel into your heart! We consider you part of our village! 😀

So happy to hear that Jenna’s healing and back at home! I hope the last bone falls into place like it should! Jenna has had enough already. You tell Jenna that lots of readers here are thinking of her and sending her hugs! Now that she’s home for the Christmas season, you all will have a fun & magical time! Happy Christmas crafting! xo, Sharon

We drove to Denver in a snowstorm in October. A few snow flurries here in Montana with more due for my craftshow on Saturday. 😟 And these snowmen are on my radar after the special order I have to finish.

Oh no, I hope the sun shines for you on Saturday and the show bustles with Christmas shoppers! Let us know how it goes! I’m glad these cuties made your list! Happy Christmas crafting! Sharon