You just might find these DIY Snowman Ornaments addictive – I think it’s hard to stop at just one! Designer Linda Valentino had a kid’s craft in mind when she made these Snowman Ornaments, but I think it’s a fun, adult craft, too. If you can’t stop at just one, no worries – these Snowman Ornaments make easy and inexpensive, handmade gifts. Check the list of materials — I bet you have most of these supplies on hand.
To make Easy, Snowman Ornaments, you’ll need:
(Materials for one ornament)
- STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam: 1-7/8” x 2-1/2” egg
- Fabric, ½” x 12” (scarf)
- Silver cord, 9”
- Chenille stems, one brown; one red or blue
- Pom poms, two in green or blue
- Craft foam sheet (foamie) in orange
- Straight pins
- Pearl head pins, two in black; two in green or blue
- Optional: Irridescent glitter
- Thick, white craft glue
- Tools needed: Scissors; ruler
To make Easy, Snowman Ornaments:
1. Knot together ends of silver cord. Insert knot into small end of egg and add glue. Let glue dry.
2. Optional: Rub small amount of glue on egg and sprinkle with glitter. Shake off excess glitter and let dry.
3. Add the snowman’s features:
- Scarf: Wrap fabric strip around egg and knot and trim ends.
- Eyes: Add glue to points of black pins and insert into face.
- Nose: Cut small triangle from orange craft foam and glue to face.
4. Arms: Twist together two, 2” lengths of brown chenille stem, forming twig arm. Repeat for a second arm. Dip in glue and insert arms into snowman’s sides.
5. Buttons: Dip colored pins in glue, and insert into front of snowman.
6. Ear muffs: Shape and glue 2” length of chenille stem to top of head. Glue a pom pom on either end.
So cute, right? Here are three more adorable Snowman Ornaments you might have to make!
We’ve only had a few inches of snow this year, which came and went in a day. This Snowman Ornament is as close as I’ve gotten to making a snowman! How’s your winter weather so far?