I have another quick & easy Christmas craft today, yay! You’ll style these cones in a flash with sparkling garland, pretty ribbon and colorful ornaments. It’s a fast way to refresh your Christmas décor, and these Christmas Garland Topiaries are inexpensive, too – your local dollar store is a budget savvy source for the garland, ribbon and ornaments. Why not wrap up a forest of DIY, Christmas Garland Topiaries for your mantel, kitchen island or dining room table?
To make a Christmas Garland Topiary, you’ll need:
- STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam: 12” cone or other size of your choice
- Garland, 10 ft.
- Ornaments: Fifteen, 25mm; one 2-1/2” (for the top)
- Ribbon with wired edge, 1-1/2” wide x 1-1/2 yds.
- Double-sided tape
- Low-temp glue gun
- Tools needed: Scissors; straight pins
To make a Christmas Garland Topiary:
1. Place double sided tape on three sides of the cone.
2. Pin the garland to the top of the cone and wrap the garland around the cone, pinning again at the bottom. The double sided tape will help hold the garland in place. Spot glue, if needed.
3. Pin the wire edge ribbon to the top of the cone and wrap it loosely around the cone, pinning again at the bottom to secure.
4. Glue the 25-mm ornaments around the cone, in between the ribbon. Glue the 2-½” ornament to the top of the cone.
I have a few more easy, “wrap & go” Christmas topiaries that won’t bust the holiday budget. Like this Christmas Cranberry Tree.
Dig out an old t-shirt or two and wrap up a T-Shirt Yarn Christmas Tree Topiary.
Or maybe you have an old plaid flannel shirt you can repurpose to DIY Plaid Flannel Cones.
Here’s one more idea – these stash-busting, Scrappy Christmas Cone will use up all of those little bits of fabric and ribbon you’ve been saving.
What will you do to refresh your Christmas decor this year?