It’s day four of Christmas in July, and designer Debra Quartermain is sharing a bright and happy Holiday Pom Pom Wreath. Just like the bejeweled Christmas Topiaries Christie shared with us yesterday, Debra’s wreath is in non-traditional Christmas colors – hot pink and lime green. This DIY Christmas Wreath is easy and it’s a Christmas craft that kids can make, too. (Don’t forget to enter the Christmas in July giveaway!)
To Make a Holiday Pom Pom Wreath, you will need:
- STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam: 1” x 12” wreath, 6” cone
- Felt, 9” x 12”, 4 pieces of neon green, 1 candy pink
- Expo International Pom Pom trim, 4 yds of pink and 1 yd green*
- Buttons, eight 1/2”, lime green
- Thread spool
- Fabric glue
- Low-temp glue gun
- Tools needed: Scissors; straight pins; pencil; ruler
*You can find Expo International pom pom trim at WalMart.
To make a Holiday Pom Pom Wreath:
1. Cut neon green felt into 2” by 12” strips. Pin and glue the end of one strip to the back of the wreath, and wrap the strip around the wreath. Pin and glue the other end to the back of the wreath. Continue wrapping the wreath in felt strips till it’s covered.
2. Wrap the pink pom pom trim around the wreath, pinning and gluing as needed.
3. Make the mini tree:
- Wrap the pink felt around the cone. Trim off excess felt and glue edge to cone.
- Trace around the bottom of the cone on a scrap felt piece, and cut out. Glue to the bottom of the cone.
- Wrap the spool in a 2” strip of lime green felt, and glue in place.
- Glue the spool to the bottom of the foam cone.
- Wrap green pom pom trim twice around the top and bottom of the cone. Glue in place.
- Glue buttons to tree.
4. Insert the tree into the center of the wreath.
Between the bright colors, the fun pom poms, and the little tree, this is such a celebratory wreath! I hope you’ll visit Debra’s blog Making Celebrating – she is one talented lady! If you missed it, be sure to read about the lovely visit I had with Debra at her B&B, the Quartermain House B&B.
We have one more day to celebrate Christmas in July! See you tomorrow!