I know you’ll love this adorable, DIY Baby Shower Wreath, with its itty-bitty socks, sweet sneakers and soft, chenille yarn. Sweet as can be, right? If you’re hosting a baby shower, this Baby Shower Wreath belongs on your front door to welcome guests. The mom-to-be can take the wreath home, and hang it on her door, or the baby’s door, or in the nursery. Precious, isn’t it? And did I mention it’s super easy?
To make a Baby Shower Wreath, you’ll need:
- STYROFOAM Brand Foam: 12” wreath, beveled front
- Chenille yarn
- Baby socks, three, newborn size
- Baby shoes, one pair, newborn size
- Baker’s twine, 24”
- Mini clothespins, six
- Chenille stem
- Thick, white craft glue
- Tools needed: Scissors; pins
To make a Baby Shower Wreath:
- Wrap the wreath in yarn. If there are gaps after the first pass, go back and double wrap where needed.
- Pin the baby shoes to the wreath at the 4:00 position. (You can also glue the shoes in place, but they may not be wearable.)
- Stretch a 24” length of baker’s twine across the wreath for a clothes line. Wrap each end around a straight pin. Insert the pins in the back of the wreath and glue in place. Be sure to pull the twine taut, so it doesn’t sag.
- Twist together ends of a 4” chenille stem. Insert and glue the ends in the back of the wreath for a hanger.
- Clip three newborn baby socks to the twine.
Add a Baby Bouquet, and make the baby shower one to remember!
This wreath was a lot of fun to make, and my daughter helped out and wrapped the wreath for me. I hope you have fun with it, too!