Tinsel Tuesdays: DIY a Jingle Bell Cone

I am not ready for a chorus of Jingle Bells in June, but I’m o.k. with making a pair of these DIY Jingle Bell Cones. And they are summer easy, too – just look at the directions below. TWO STEPS! Yep, you barely need the tutorial to make these Jingle Bell Cones. Jingle bells are sold in lots of colors, so the hardest part might be deciding the colors you’d like to use. If you prefer a rustic style, look for jingle bells with a rusty finish – I’d love to see how those would look on these Jingle Bell Cones.

DIY Jingle Bell Cones

Start at the bottom and work your way to the top — easy enough!

To make Jingle Bell Cones, you’ll need:

• STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam: 9” x 4” and 6” x 3” cones
  • Jingle bells:
    • I used silver & red, but you can choose your favorite colors
    • You’ll need about 150 for the 9” cone
    • My jingle bells ranged in sizes from 1/4″ – 3/4″
    • The jingle bells on top of each cone are 30mm.
  • Low-temp glue gun

To make Jingle Bell Cones:

1. Glue a row of larger jingle bells around the bottom of a cone. Repeat, and continue adding rows till the cone is covered. Mix in a few contrasting jingle bells as you go. Fill in any holes and gaps with smaller jingle bells.

2. Glue a 30mm jingle bell to the top.

DIY Jingle Bell Cones

Red, silver, gold, purple, blue, green, and a rust finish — I’ve seen jingle bells in all of these colors.

Patty Schaffer topped her Paper Loop Christmas Cone with one of the rusty jingle bells I mentioned. How do you think a Jingle Bell Cone would look covered in jingle bells with a rusty finish? I think it would need an ornament of some sort for a dash of color – any suggestions?

DIY Paper Loop Christmas Cone

Vintage Paper Loop Christmas Cone by Patty Schaffer.

Thanks for stopping in for this summer’s first Tinsel Tuesday.

DIY Christmas crafts easy

This entry was posted in Christmas Crafts, Christmas Topiaries, Craft Tutorial, Topiaries and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Tinsel Tuesdays: DIY a Jingle Bell Cone

1. How ironic! I just ordered a bunch of colored bells yesterday! Now I know why! We seem to be on the same wavelength lately! I order something and within a few days you post a project using what I had ordered! Thanks for even more inspiration!

🙂 We’re both tuned in to the craft channel, Barb! What colors did you order? Let’s see, you can make Jingle Bell Cone while eating Donut Kebobs . . . Enjoy and craft on! Sharon

• Silver, gold, red, blue, green, white and copper! I got quite a few different sizes and bought numerous packages of the white ones so I can paint them any color we need!
        Jenna and I got our package Thursday while she was at school so I waited for her to get home before opening it. She saw who it was from and started crying happy tears while dancing around before we even opened it! Once I got her calmed down so we could open it she was so excited at what was inside! Thank you so much! (((Hugs)))

Ooh, so many choices, so many possibilities! You must share a photo so we can all see your Jingle Bell Cones! Enjoy the goodies, and give Jenna a hug! Happy crafting! Sharon

2. Angie Anderson Dyer says:

Jingle Bells! Jingle Bells! This gets me in the real Christmas Spirit! The silver one is pretty, but I really like the silver and red one! Looks like a fun project! Thank you for sharing, Sharon!

It is a fun project, Angie. And jingle bells definitely say “Christmas”! They also remind me of the jingle bell in the book Polar Express, which is also a great movie. Have you seen it? Happy crafting! Sharon

3. Anne Marie says:

Great idea!

🙂 Thank you, Anne. They were a lot of fun to DIY and really, as I think about all of the colors available, I’d love to make more! I hope you get to DIY a few Jingle Bell Cones, too. Happy crafting! Sharon

4. Lisam6 says:

what a fun musical tree. Rusty bells and red/black check ribbon would make it a fun rustic tree.

Ooh, I like the idea of adding red and black check ribbon! Nice and rustic/outdoorsy. I’m picturing it, Lisa! Thank you for the suggestion. Happy crafting! Sharon

5. Yolanda says:

Do the bells still ring since they are glued to the cone? I have used glue to adhere them to other surfaces before and they don’t ring well, if at all. I was just wondering.
    Thanks

Funny, I had to go and “ring” the cones to answer your question. I’d not thought about how they sounded and was only admiring their shininess! Yes, they do ring, though it’s not a true jingle bell ring. It’s slightly muffled. Thanks, and happy crafting! Sharon