Do-nut miss this Donut Party, starting with a DIY Donut Wreath

I have a little fun planned this week, as I’m thinking ahead to National Donut Day on June 2. (Yes, June! It’s almost here, can you believe it?) I’m hoping that this week’s donut crafts will inspire you to host your own Donut Party to celebrate National Donut Day. To start, I’m sharing this sparkling, sweet & sprinkled DIY Donut Wreath.

DIY a Donut Wreath

To make a Donut Wreath, you’ll need:

• STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam: 12”, wreath with beveled front
  • Acrylic craft paint in brown
  • Fabric with sprinkles pattern, fat quarter size*
  • Glitter, crystal clear
  • Paper for pattern (I used wax paper)
  • Chenille stem
  • Thick, white craft glue
  • Spray adhesive
  • Tools needed: Scissors; marker; stiff paintbrush; newspaper

*I ordered a fat quarter from Spoonflower. (Spoonflower is my rabbit hole!)

DIY Donut Wreath

I found my Sprinkles fabric on Spoonflower, and there are lots of options.

To make a Donut Wreath:

1. Paint wreath brown and let dry.

2. Trace around the wreath on paper. Draw a scallop edge around the outside. Cut out and place the pattern on your wreath. Be sure you like how the scallop edge will look; if you don’t like it, make a new pattern. (I didn’t like my first pattern, and revised it to create a new scalloped edge.)

3. Using pattern, cut out the sprinkles fabric, and glue fabric to the front of the wreath.

4. Spread out newspaper, and working in a well ventilated area, lightly spray the wreath with spray adhesive. Sprinkle with crystal clear glitter. Let dry.

5. Twist together ends of a 4” length of chenille stem to form a hanging loop. Insert and glue in the back of the wreath.

DIY Donut Wreath

Throw a Donut Party for the end of the school year, a graduate, a bride-to-be, new mom, or do you really need a reason?!

DIY Donut Wreath

Do you follow Courtney over at Crafts by Courtney? Courtney shared her own version of a super-cute Donut Wreath over on Make it Fun.

DIY Donut Wreath

Courtney made her super-cute Donut Wreath with felt.

Kudos to Barb, who guessed the answer to last week’s riddle: What has no beginning, no end and no middle? Answer: A donut!

Here’s a little more donut fun – take this quiz and tell us what your favorite donut says about your personality!

Happy crafting, and see you on Friday!

This entry was posted in Craft Tutorial, Entertaining, Fabric Craft, Wreaths and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Do-nut miss this Donut Party, starting with a DIY Donut Wreath

1. lisam6 says:

I got active. Well it’s getting busy with all the kids going this way and that. I know I don’t get to stop to often.
    I may go get some of those yummy creations right now. 🍩☕️
    Fun craft …. June 2nd here I come.

Sounds like that quiz got it right! Write down this fun fact — on June 2, Dunkin Donuts is offering free donuts! You’ll have to be sure the car pool swings by that take-out window! Happy crafting! Sharon

2. caitpb says:

Oh man, you’ve got me craving donuts! Super cute idea!

3. Passionate is what my favorite twisted donut says about me! Honestly, I love almost all donuts except for blueberry, pumpkin and cronuts! LOL
    These are cute donut wreathed but I am afraid that I would always be craving donuts if I had one on my wall!
    I am off to D.D to fix my donut craving!

🙂 You are passionate about donuts, Barb! I hope you had your DD fix yesterday, and I guarantee that you’ll have a few more cravings on Friday . . . See you then! Happy crafting! Sharon

4. Angie Anderson Dyer says:

How fun to celebrate Donut Day! This is so cute and calorie-free. It is easy enough to create this wreath with children helping. With school being out for summer vacation, it is a great way to keep kids busy when they are inside on a rainy day. Happy Donut Day!

I think kids would LOVE to help out with the wreath, especially if it involves a few donut snacks. 🙂 Great idea to add it to the summer bucket list. Thanks, Angie! Happy crafting!

That is such a cute summer idea! I have to say it. Mmmmmm…..donuts.

Love the felt donut wreath almost as much as I love donuts!!