Born in China movie craft: DIY a Panda Bear!

I am eager to see the new Disneynature movie Born in China, which debuts today. The documentary follows a Panda bear family, and after watching the movie, this DIY Panda Bear craft for kids would make for a fun, family craft night. Pandas aren’t the only “stars” in the movie, and you’ll also learn about the lives of golden monkeys and snow leopards. This looks like a movie everyone in the family will enjoy, and afterwards, why not pull out the craft supplies and make your own Panda Bear. The tutorial is from several years ago, so click on through!

DIY Panda Bear craft for Born in China movie

Watch the movie Born in China, and then have a family craft night and make your own Panda Bear.

Kathleen George made a Panda Bear Ornament with socks and a ball of STYROFOAM Brand Foam, and I think you could change it up and make this for every day, too.

DIY Panda Bear craft for Born in China movie

Replace the scarf with a ribbon and bow to make this an all-season Panda Bear.

You’ll find more information about the movie Born in China on the Disneynature web site. They also have a wonderful activity packet for kids, and a guide for educators.

I hope to see Born in China this weekend. How about you?

This entry was posted in Christmas Ornaments, Craft Tutorial, Kid's Crafts and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Born in China movie craft: DIY a Panda Bear!

1. Angie Anderson Dyer says:

Panda Bears are just adorable! I had a little stuffed Panda Bear when I was a little girl. It is amazing such a tiny baby can grow so big. I always them of them as gentle giants. These are such cute ideas! You’ve got another winner, Sharon!

Awww, thanks! I had forgotten about the itty bitty babies, and it is a remarkable beginning. Do you have plans to see the movie? Happy crafting! Sharon

I agree so adorable. Panda are so cute. Wonderful idea to keep in mind. Thanks.
    Hope your spring is shaping up….wet here and maybe snow on Thursday. Hope it stays away as Friday is another track meet. 🙂

OH NO, snow?!? Say it ain’t so! I hope your forecast has changed . . . and that the team isn’t running through a blizzard. Yikes! Have a cup of cocoa and think warm thoughts, Lisa. Happy crafting! Sharon

3. OMG! So adorable! I am hoping that I feel well enough next week to take Jenna to see this movie! We are both VERY excited to go for her first movie theatre adventure to see this movie! Thanks for the cool crafts to hold us over till we can get to the movie! Have a great weekend!

I hope you can go, too! What a fun time you’ll have, and Jenna will remember it forever. In the meantime, have fun making your own Panda Bear. Happy crafting, you two! Sharon

4. Anne Haun says: