We’re celebrating this week, with the Mardi Gras Coin Topiaries on Tuesday and a DIY St. Patrick’s Day Rainbow Wreath today. Like any good rainbow, there’s the promise of gold, and this Rainbow Wreath is raining gold coins. You know I like easy crafts, and this wreath is no exception. In fact, I think older kids can easily make this St. Patrick’s Day Rainbow Wreath. I’ve included links to a few other favorite, St. Patrick’s Day crafts, too.
To make a Rainbow Wreath, you’ll need:
- STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam: 12” x 2” wreath
- Fabric, at least seven fat quarters in the colors of the rainbow – red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet (I used 14 fat quarters, on sale for .75¢ each)
- Plastic coins, five gold*
- Green ribbon, 1/2″ x 1 yd.
- Chenille stem
- Tools needed: Scissors; ruler; tape measure; marker; wood skewer or other pointed tool; straight pins
*Optional: If your plastic coins aren’t gold, you can paint them gold.
To make a Rainbow Wreath:
1. Score your wreath into equal sections, one section for each color of fabric. I used 14 different fabrics, and divided my wreath into 14 sections.
2. Cut fabric into 2” x 2” squares.
3. Place a fabric square on the wreath, center the wood skewer over the fabric square, and push the square into the wreath. Repeat, filling in each section in the order of the colors in the rainbow.
4. Cut five lengths of green ribbon, from 4-1/2″ – 7″ in length. Glue a gold coin to the end of each ribbon.
5. Pin the ribbon strips to the back of the wreath and adjust till you like how they hang. Glue in place.
6. Twist together the ends of a 4” length of chenille stem, forming a loop. Insert and glue the ends into the center back of the wreath for a hanger.
Looking for more ideas? A while back, Kathleen George shared with us her St. Patrick’s Rainbow Yarn Wreath.
This Green Daisy Wreath is even easier!
If you have enough green daisies, you can also make this St. Patrick’s Day Daisy Topiary.
You can wrap up the Shamrock Topiary Cones in an hour or less.
You don’t have an hour to spare? If you have just 30 minutes, then this 30-Minute St. Patrick’s Day Topiary is perfect for you!
For another easy St. Patrick’s Day decorating idea, DIY a St. Patrick’s Day Tissue Paper Topiary.
Deco Mesh Topiaries are a favorite, including this Deco Mesh St. Patrick’s Day Topiary.
I hope you’re inspired to try one of these fun St. Patrick’s Day crafts!
You’re probably familiar with the traditional Irish blessing, which starts “May the road rise to meet you . . . “, but do you know the Crafter’s Blessing? Many thanks to Lyssa from Song of My Heart Stampers for sharing this! 🙂