Dahlings, here’s how to DIY a luxurious, Faux Mink Wreath

With so much of the country snowbound by blizzards this week, I thought it a good time to DIY a Faux Mink Wreath. Especially a luxurious and bejeweled Faux Fur Wreath! This super-easy wreath is faux fun, and no worries, it’s inexpensive too. The “jewels” are costume pieces, jewelry findings and buttons, most purchased at clearance prices, or already in your stash. So, while the snow swirls outside, cozy up to your craft table and DIY this Faux Mink Wreath!

DIY Faux Mink Fur Wreath

To make a Faux Mink Wreath, you’ll need:

• STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam: 14” x 2” wreath
  • Craft fur:
    • ½ yd. faux mink
    • 9” x 12” craft cut for bow
    • Optional: Small piece of white fur for center of bow
  • Heavy-duty interfacing, 9” x 8” scrap
  • Jewels and buttons: 10 for the wreath; 1-1/5” dia. broach for the bow
  • Low-temp glue gun
  • Tools needed: Scissors; permanent marker; straight pins
DIY a Faux Mink Fur Wreath

Chase away the winter chills and hang up this wreath all winter long!

To make a Faux Mink Wreath:

1. Place the wreath on the reverse side of the faux fur and trace around it with a permanent marker. Cut out the circle, adding a ½” all around. Place the wreath back on the circle, and trace the center circle, making it a ½” smaller all around. Cut out the center circle. Hint: keep the fur fabric face down while you cut to help minimize the flying fur.

2. Glue the fabric circle to the front of the wreath ring. Cut ½” tabs around the edge, and glue tabs to the outside edge of the wreath ring. Cut ½” tabs around the center of the ring, and glue tabs to the inside edge of the wreath.

DIY a Daux Fur Wreath

Glue faux fur to the front of the wreath first, and glue tabs to the sides. Cover the edge with a 2″ strip of faux fur.

3. Cut a 2” strip of faux fur and glue the fur around the edge of the wreath. If needed, add pins to hold in place while glue dries.

DIY a Faux Fur Wreath

I found my “jewels” on clearance in the jewelry aisle of various craft stores.

How to DIY a Faux Fur Mink Wreath

I mixed in a lot of fancy buttons, too.

4. Cut a 9” x 12” piece of craft fur for the bow. Glue a 9” x 8” piece of heavy-duty interfacing to the reverse side. Fold the fur into a bow. Wrap a 2” wide strip of faux fur around the middle, and glue strip to the back. Glue bow to wreath.

5. Decorate wreath with jewels and buttons.

6. Twist together ends of a 4” chenille stem, forming a loop. Insert and glue to the center back of the wreath for a hanger.

DIY a Faux Mink Fur Wreath

It looks so fancy, but it’s a super-easy wreath to DIY.

Who is caught up in the blizzard? Stay warm & safe, everyone!

This entry was posted in Craft Tutorial, Fabric Craft, Home Decor, Wintertime Crafts, Wreaths and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Dahlings, here’s how to DIY a luxurious, Faux Mink Wreath

Ooo, must be Oscar season!! Oozes Hollywood glamor! What an elegant mantle or a fun display for an Oscar party!

2. So rich and luxurious! It reminds me of a nice smooth, milk chocolate bar melting into warm milk to make a scrumptious cup of hot cocoa!
    Definitely going to hunt down some faux mink so I can create at least one of these gorgeous wreaths! thanks for the inspiration!

Mmmm, now that sounds good! A cozy fur wreath and a cup of hot chocolate will keep you toasty warm, for sure! I like the way you think. I’m glad this wreath has found a spot on your craft table. Happy crafting, Barb. Sharon

3. Angie Dyer says:

Looks so lovely for the winter season! I have a faux mink lap robe that is still new and not a particular favorite. I have had it for 2 years and not used it even once. This mink idea is perfect! Where do you come up with these great crafts? Thank you for sharing!

There you go — you could use the faux mink lap robe for a wreath, absolutely! In fact, that’s what I’d originally planned to use, too, but came across the fabric at Jo-Ann Stores first. No idea where this idea came from, Angie! I guess I’m always thinking “crafts” 🙂 . Craft on! Sharon

4. Niceee! Love the details on it😍

Looks so warm! The bling is just the right amount! ❤️It!

Thank you! I’m sure you see fur coats in your area, too. For those who are fans of bling, you could always add more . . . I’m with you, however, and restraint is a good thing! Happy crafting! Sharon

6. Anne Haun says:

Nice down here in Texas but I do love your “warm” wreath!

I imagine you’re already seeing signs of spring, lucky you. You could substitute faux cow hide and make this a Texas-style wreath. Hmm, I kind of like this idea, maybe I’ll give it a try! Thank you! Sharon

OMG it’s so furry!

🙂 I imagine you don’t see a lot of fur coats down in Florida, Katiria. There are winter days here when ladies wear their mink coats to the grocery store! Thanks for stopping in, and soak in some of that sunshine for me! xo, Sharon