I’ve always loved Christmas Ornament Wreaths, and when I saw this collection of magenta, silver and black ornaments, I decided to DIY a Valentine’s Day Ornament Wreath. It’s not weird to make an Ornament Wreath for Valentine’s Day, is it? You can still purchase ornaments at 50% – 80% off, and my local Jo-Ann Stores has a collection of red, white and silver ornaments that would make a dazzling Valentine’s Day Ornament Wreath. This glamorous wreath makes a statement, and you won’t believe how easy it is to DIY. Four steps easy, actually.
To make a Valentine’s Day Ornament Wreath, you’ll need:
- STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam: 12” x 2” wreath
- Ornaments, 1” – 2.36” in dia, approximately:
- Four dozen, 2.36” dia*
- Six dozen, 1” – 1.5” dia*
- Chenille stem
- Low-temp glue
- Tools needed: Scissors; step stool
*These are estimates; you may need more or fewer depending on how you arrange your ornaments.
To make a Valentine’s Day Ornament Wreath:
1. Arrange and glue the larger ornaments around the outside and inside of the wreath. As you glue the ornament to the wreath, press the stems right into the foam. I used 18 ornaments around the outside edge, and seven ornaments around the inside.
2. Arrange and glue larger ornaments on the front of the wreath. I filled in around the outer edge with 15 ornaments, and used nine ornaments to fill in around the inner edge.
3. Start to fill in with the smaller ornaments, gluing them around the edges and onto the front of the wreath. When you think you have enough, keep going! I used 70 – 75 smaller ornaments on my wreath, and I think I could have used a few more. Hint: To help you as you arrange the ornaments, stand on a step stool and look down from time to time. The perspective will help you see spots that need filling in.
4. Hanger: Twist together ends of a 4” length of chenille stem. Insert and glue the hanger into the center back of the wreath. The wreath will be heavy, so be sure the glue is dried and the hanger is holding firm before hanging the wreath.
If this wreath is a little too “too” for you, here are six Valentine’s Day Wreaths that are a little more low key.
How crazy is it to make a Valentine’s Day Ornament Wreath? Would you hang this wreath in your house?