DIY a glamorous, Valentine’s Day Ornament Wreath

I’ve always loved Christmas Ornament Wreaths, and when I saw this collection of magenta, silver and black ornaments, I decided to DIY a Valentine’s Day Ornament Wreath. It’s not weird to make an Ornament Wreath for Valentine’s Day, is it? You can still purchase ornaments at 50% – 80% off, and my local Jo-Ann Stores has a collection of red, white and silver ornaments that would make a dazzling Valentine’s Day Ornament Wreath. This glamorous wreath makes a statement, and you won’t believe how easy it is to DIY. Four steps easy, actually.DIY Ornament Wreath for Valentine's Day

To make a Valentine’s Day Ornament Wreath, you’ll need:

• STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam: 12” x 2” wreath
  • Ornaments, 1” – 2.36” in dia, approximately:
    • Four dozen, 2.36” dia*
    • Six dozen, 1” – 1.5” dia*
  • Chenille stem
  • Low-temp glue
  • Tools needed: Scissors; step stool

*These are estimates; you may need more or fewer depending on how you arrange your ornaments.

DIY Valentine's Day Ornament Wreath

I don’t think I’d chose these colors for Christmas, but they’re perfect for Valentine’s Day. A red, white and silver combo would be beautiful, too.

To make a Valentine’s Day Ornament Wreath:

1. Arrange and glue the larger ornaments around the outside and inside of the wreath. As you glue the ornament to the wreath, press the stems right into the foam. I used 18 ornaments around the outside edge, and seven ornaments around the inside.

DIY Ornament Wreath for Valentine's Day

First, arrange and glue the ornaments around the outside and inside edges.

2. Arrange and glue larger ornaments on the front of the wreath. I filled in around the outer edge with 15 ornaments, and used nine ornaments to fill in around the inner edge.

DIY Ornament Wreath for Valentine's Day

Next, use the larger ornaments to fill the front of the wreath.

3. Start to fill in with the smaller ornaments, gluing them around the edges and onto the front of the wreath. When you think you have enough, keep going! I used 70 – 75 smaller ornaments on my wreath, and I think I could have used a few more. Hint: To help you as you arrange the ornaments, stand on a step stool and look down from time to time. The perspective will help you see spots that need filling in.

DIY Valentine's Day Ornament Wreath

Keep adding ornaments! I thought I was finished at one point, and I’m glad I kept going.

4. Hanger: Twist together ends of a 4” length of chenille stem. Insert and glue the hanger into the center back of the wreath. The wreath will be heavy, so be sure the glue is dried and the hanger is holding firm before hanging the wreath.

DIY Valentine's Day Ornament Wreath

If this wreath is a little too “too” for you, here are six Valentine’s Day Wreaths that are a little more low key.

DIY six favorite Valentine's Day Wreaths

I’ve been crafting a lot with yarn recently, and this Valentine’s Day Pompom Wreath by Patty Schaffer is one of my favorites!

DIY Pompom Wreath for Valentine's Day

How crazy is it to make a Valentine’s Day Ornament Wreath? Would you hang this wreath in your house?

This entry was posted in Christmas Wreaths, Craft Tutorial, Valentine's Day Craft, Wreaths and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to DIY a glamorous, Valentine’s Day Ornament Wreath

Great colors and shapes! Love the sparkle to add spark to a special day!!

2. Angie Dyer says:

What a beautiful Valentine’s Day wreath! I love the colors too. The little heart ornaments really set it off that it is for Valentine’s Day. I am wondering with the hot glue, if it would be good for a front door wreath. We have an outside storm door that protects the front door, so it technically is not exposed to the weather all the time. This is a great idea! Thank you for sharing each step.

Good question — I’ve heard others mention that hot glue tends to heat up in the sun, and then it loses its grip. My front door is sheltered by a porch, so the sun doesn’t hit it. I’m not sure how this would fare in the sun with the hot glue. It’s fairly thick, too, due to several layers of ornaments so I wonder if it would fit between your doors? It’s a beauty hanging inside, however! Happy crafting, Angie! Sharon

3. Joan Floyd says:

yes, I would hang in my house!

4. OOOOOOOOOOOO! Breathtaking! I would love to know where I could get these exact ornaments to make this wreath! Absolutely stunning!!! TFS!
    Here is a link from Miss Jenna for you: https://www.facebook.com/BarbMacAskillVT/posts/1406375692748276

Thank you! I shopped Hobby Lobby for all of the ornaments, Barb. I thought it an interesting combo for Christmas and absolutely perfect for Valentine’s Day! This link didn’t work for me — tell Jenna I’m sorry! XO! Sharon

5. Anne Haun says:

Your ornament wreath is awesome!! Love the step stool hint. Wish I would have stocked up on on red and pink ornaments after Christmas – mental note to myself to do this next year. This wreath is a real winner.

Thank you! You may not be too late to shop for clearance ornaments — I’m still seeing them in my local craft stores. It might be worth a quick visit to see if you can find some. Have a great weekend, and craft on! Sharon

This is such a super easy and pretty wreath to make. I love the little heart ornaments. This time of year is perfect for buying clearance items in red for Valentines, green for St Patrick’s Day, purple & gold for Mardi Gras, blue for 4th of July… I could go on and on

I know! You have to hit up the clearance sales, the prices are so good — as long as you have room to store your stash! I’m so glad you like the wreath, thank you. I wasn’t sure how easy it would be and I’m so glad I gave it a try. It really was easy! Happy crafting! Sharon

Love the ornaments one. Wow! I want to decorate for spring this gives me a jumping off point. 😀

Has it been a long winter already, Lisa? It sounds like it’s time for some happy colors in the house! Thanks for your sweet comment, and craft on! Sharon