A favorite Christmas craft: No-Sew, Christmas Sock Owls!

I have one more Christmas craft to share this year, and it’s one of my favorites. Do you remember the No-Sew Sock Owls Debra Quartermain shared with us earlier this year? I thought they were adorable, and I’ve reimagined them with Christmas socks. These Christmas Sock Owls are super fun and easy, I hope you’ll give them a try this holiday season. It’s a Christmas craft that’s perfect to share with family, friends, neighbors, Scout troops, classrooms — really, just about anyone can DIY these Sock Owls.

DIY easy No-Sew Sock Owls with Christmas socks

To make your Christmas Sock Owls, just follow the original No-Sew Sock Owl tutorial and make your owls with Christmas socks. Then, accessorize your cuties for the holidays.

How to DIY no-sew Sock Owls for Christmas

I made the mini Christmas wreath with a chenille stem.

For the red Sock Owl, I made a Christmas wreath from a chenille stem, and decorated it with a red bow and red, pearl head pins. I wrapped a felt strip around the green Sock Owl for a scarf, and twisted together red and white chenille stems to make his candy cane.

DIY easy, no-sew Christmas Sock Owls

Here are the original No-Sew Sock Owls.

DIY easy no-sew Sock Owls

Aren’t they cute?

So now it’s time to say have a very Merry Christmas and a happy New Year! I hope you have many magical moments to share with family and friends in the weeks ahead. Behind the scenes here at Crafts ‘n Coffee, in addition to doing a little decorating and baking, I’ll be crafting for the coming year. We have some fun plans to share in 2017!

I will see you on January 6, 2017!

Happy Christmas crafting!

This entry was posted in Christmas Crafts, Craft Tutorial, Fabric Craft, Kid's Crafts and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to A favorite Christmas craft: No-Sew, Christmas Sock Owls!

1. Tabi Bee says:

These are so clever!! Loved this post, I love craft too!😊❤️

2. Angie Dyer says:

Cute! Everyone loves owls and these are just adorable! Merry Christmas!

You are so sweet, thank you! I’m so glad Debra Quartermain shared the original with us — it’s been a lot of fun to try these owls in different ways. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and happy New Year. Enjoy! See you in 2017. Sharon

I will have to get some fun socks to try this. 🙂
    Have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Years!

A very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family, Lisa! I hope everyone is home for the holidays. Let me know if you try these owls, they’re super fun and really easy. Wouldn’t they be cute in Valentine’s Day socks, too? All the best! Sharon

4. SammyandSufi says:

Artsy all the way! Great job Sharon 🙂

5. Anne Haun says:

Cute – Cute – Cute!!!

🙂 I’ve found these little owls to be somewhat addictive! They’re super easy, and yes, pretty dang cute when they’re done. I was just thinking, hmmm, what if I used white socks and made a snow owl . . . maybe next year! Wishing you the merriest Christmas! Craft on! Sharon

6. I hope your Christmas is filled with lots of love, family time, creative time and of course lots and lots of good food!!! See you on January 6th!

Thank you, Barb, and back at you and yours! re: food, I still have some cookies to bake, how about you? Creative time is in high gear, however, and the craft supplies are strewn all over the house! May you have a magical one! See you in January! xo, Sharon