A new favorite for Thanksgiving dessert – DIY a Cupcake Bouquet!

Silly question here – can ever have too much dessert on Thanksgiving? Nope, I didn’t think so. In the spirit of more dessert is always the answer, how about adding a Thanksgiving Cupcake Bouquet to the Thanksgiving buffet? If you’ve followed Crafts ‘n Coffee for a while, you might remember the first Cupcake Bouquet I shared, and more recently, my Halloween Cupcake Bouquet. Am I cupcake obsessed? Maybe! But I do know that you can’t go wrong adding a Thanksgiving Cupcake Bouquet to the Thanksgiving menu – not only is it yummy, but it’s pretty enough to serve as a Thanksgiving centerpiece, too.

How pretty! Perfect as a dessert and a centerpiece at Thanksgiving! CraftsnCoffee.com.

The tutorial for the Thanksgiving Cupcake Bouquet is very similar to the Valentine’s Day Cupcake Bouquet, and we simply changed the frosting colors for a fall theme. Just by changing the colors of the frosting, it’s easy to create a custom Cupcake Bouquet for your special occasion, from a bridal shower to a graduation party. Here’s how we made our Thanksgiving Cupcake Bouquet.

Beautiful (and yummy) for any occasion -- DIY a Cupcake Bouquet on CraftsnCoffee.com.

A cupcake bouquet makes a beautiful centerpiece, too.

To make a Thanksgiving Cupcake Bouquet, you’ll need:

• STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam: 6” ball
  • Bowl, basket, or other container to fit the 6” ball (I found this tin pail at the dollar store)
  • Cupcakes baked in liners (the number you’ll need will depend on the container, and how you position the ball in the container. I’ve used from 16 – 20 cupcakes in making my bouquets)
  • Frosting
  • Gel food coloring
  • Tissue paper in green
  • Low-temp glue gun
  • Tools needed: Scissors, toothpicks, metal skewer, cake decorating bag and tip (we used the Wilton 1M tip)

To make a Thanksgiving Cupcake Bouquet:

1. Bake your cupcakes in liners and let cool.

2. Position your ball of STYROFOAM Brand Foam in your container and test the fit. It should fit snugly, so that it will not tip, roll or fall out of the container. If needed, secure the ball in the bowl with low-temp glue.

How to DIY a Cupcake Bouquet. Easier than you think! CraftsnCoffee.com.

Place your ball in the container, and then add the cupcakes. You’ll use toothpicks to attach the cupcakes.

3. Add a row of cupcakes around the rim of the bowl. To add a cupcake, insert two toothpicks into the foam ball so that the picks point slightly upward. Poke two holes in the bottom of a cupcake using the metal skewer. Insert the cupcake onto the toothpicks. Repeat, adding toothpicks and cupcakes, till you have the first row all around the foam ball.

4. Add a second row of cupcakes.

How to DIY a Cupcake Bouquet. Fun for parties! CraftsnCoffee.com.

The cupcakes are in place and ready for frosting.

5. Finish adding cupcakes to fill in the opening at the top.

6. Frost each cupcake to look like a rose. (This tutorial is easy to follow.)

Tutorial for making a Cupcake Bouquet. It's easier than you think! CraftsnCoffee.com.

My friend Dina frosted these beauties.

7. Cut the green tissue paper into 3” – 4” squares. Carefully tuck the squares between the cupcakes, and using the metal skewer, push the tissue paper into the foam ball.

Wow, this would be beautiful -- and yummy, for Thanksgiving dinner. CraftsnCoffee.com has the DIY.

Here are the other two Cupcake Bouquets Dina and I have made.

Love this idea! What a special dessert for a party, and an easy DIY, too. CraftsnCoffee.com.

Halloween Cupcake Bouquet

Valentine’s Day Cupcake Bouquet

These are so fun to make – and eat! What other occasions could you celebrate with a Cupcake Bouquet? Would you serve cupcakes for Thanksgiving?

Happy cupcake crafting!

This entry was posted in Craft Tutorial, Entertaining, Fall Crafts, Thanksgiving Crafts and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to A new favorite for Thanksgiving dessert – DIY a Cupcake Bouquet!

1. Pingback: 15 Thanksgiving Desserts Your Guests Will Gobble Right Up

2. Bernadine says:

This looks absolutely stunning!! Please follow my blog at https://baking781.wordpress.com/. Thx!😄😄

After dinner this would not stay beautiful for long as we would pluck one cupcake after another. How fun to make this with pumpkin cupcakes!!

Pumpkin cupcakes – yum! Or how about gingerbread cupcakes? For Easter dinner, you could make carrot cake cupcakes. So many mouthwatering ways to customize a Cupcake Bouquet. Thank you! Sharon

4. A Cupcake Bouquet turned into a muffin bouquet would be delicious for Thanksgiving or Christmas breakfast/brunch! Cranberry muffins, Pumpkin, Orange, Blueberry and chocolate chip would all make a pretty bouquet! Or mini brownie muffins. layered bar muffins and lemon muffins as a dessert! Now I have food bouquets on my mind! LOL TFS!

5. Angie Dyer says:

Beautiful centerpiece! The autumn colors would look lovely for Thanksgiving. It would also be a lovely option from the usual pumpkin pie. Or have several desserts….that seems to be my family’s favorite with a few bites of each one. I cheat and use Pillsbury cake mixes. There is a Halloween cake mix that would also be appropriate for Thanksgiving. I was thinking that little turkeys could be added, but that would be too much decoration. I love this design just the way it is! Thank you for sharing!

Our Thanksgiving menu sounds a lot like yours, Angie, and we have a collection of desserts for everyone to try. There’s nothing wrong with using a cake mix for this, and I think you could even use purchased cupcakes, don’t you? That would be a huge time saver, and if you arrange them in a bouquet, people will love it! Thank you for your sweet comments, and for stopping by today. Sharon

6. Anne Haun says:

Such a great idea – who does not love cupcakes.

My thinking exactly! You can’t go wrong with a Cupcake Bouquet, whether you’re hosting the big dinner, or a guest. Thanks for stopping in. Sharon

Those look super yummy. Love the easy tut. Enjoy the fall days. 🙂

Yay, so glad you like it! The first time I made one, I couldn’t believe how easy it was (especially with my friend Dina’s help with decorating the cupcakes). I hope you get a chance to DIY one, or better yet, maybe be the recipient of one! Happy fall to you, too. Sharon

I love when you feature cupcake bouquets!

🙂 You and me, both, Katiria! I can’t think of a holiday or special occasion that can’t be made a little sweeter with a Cupcake Bouquet! Hmmm, which holiday should we target next? Happy cupcake crafting! Sharon