Welcome to the 75th birthday party for STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam! What better way to kick off a birthday week celebration than with a Birthday Balloon Wreath? It’s like a party in a wreath! Hang this Birthday Balloon Wreath on your front door, and everyone will know where the party is. Get the family involved and have the kids DIY this wreath – my daughter made this one and she says it’s an easy wreath to DIY. I’m announcing the first giveaway today, too – woo-hoo! Let’s party!
To make a Birthday Balloon Wreath, you’ll need:
- STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam: 10” wreath
- Balloons, 10”, in assorted colors; you’ll need about 200 balloons
- Floral pins or straight pins
- Chenille stem
- Embellishments: Party hats, noisemakers, bows, etc. (We used eight noisemakers)
- Optional: Crepe paper (to wrap the wreath)
- Low-temp glue gun
- Tools needed: Scissors
To make a Birthday Balloon Wreath:
1. Optional: Wrap the wreath in crepe paper, pinning and gluing the ends of the crepe paper strip to the back of the wreath. Note: We wrapped our wreath, and then found that the balloons pretty much covered all of the crepe paper. However, it made the back look nice. So, if you’re going to see the back, you might consider covering your wreath.
3. Pin on the balloons, covering the front and edges of the wreath. You can use floral pins or straight pins to pin on the balloons. If you are using straight pins, you’ll need to use two for each balloon to help hold them in place.
4. Decide how you’d like to embellish the wreath. We tried several ideas first, and decided on the noisemakers. I glued the noisemakers together in two groups of three, and one group of two. I then attached the noisemakers to the wreath with floral pins.
5. Twist together the ends of a 6” length of chenille stem. Make a hole in the back of the wreath, add glue, and insert the ends of the chenille stem into the hole. Let glue set before hanging the wreath.
Isn’t it fun?
Now, if it’s a party, there have to be presents, right? Every day this week, you’ll have a chance to win a prize. Today’s giveaway includes:
- A one-year subscription to Craft Ideas magazine
- A 12-pack of Starbuck’s Via packets
- A craft apron
- A few birthday goodies for your next bash!
For your chance to win, tell me about the first craft you remember making with STYROFOAM Brand Foam. I’ll announce the winner tomorrow. (I remember making sequin ornaments from balls of STYROFOAM Brand Foam when I was a kid. The sequins were really fancy – leaping reindeer, burning candles, etc.)
**Please note: This giveaway is closed.**
I’ll be back tomorrow with more party crafts! I hope you’ll invite your friends to join us!