A $5 DIY gift idea: How to make a Candy Bouquet

When you need a fast, fun and inexpensive gift, DIY a Candy Bouquet. Candy Bouquets are perfect for dads, grads, teachers, neighbors, friends – just about anyone. With a $5 price tag, Candy Bouquets are a sweet idea for when you need multiple gifts, too. I shopped a dollar store for my supplies, and it was fun to mix and match the containers and candy to the occasion. I even found a small Crayola thermos for the teacher’s Candy Bouquet. (Did you know this week is Teacher Appreciation Week?) Here’s how I made my Candy Bouquets.

How to make a Candy Bouquet. A fast, $5 gift idea! CraftsnCoffee.com.

Each Candy Bouquet cost $5 or less, without the extra embellishments.

Such a fun, easy idea, and each Candy Bouquet costs about $5! CraftsnCoffee.com.

These are fun “just because” gifts. They might say “thank you” to a neighbor or a baby sitter, or maybe “get well” for a friend.

To make a Candy Bouquet, you’ll need:

• STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam: Cube, ball, egg, or other shape to fit in your container
  • Mug, cup or other container*
  • Candy bars, 8 – 10 snack size; optional: packs of gum
  • Fill material, such as paper shred, curling ribbon, or candy
  • Optional: Embellishments, such as flowers and scrapbook stickers
  • Tools needed: Scissors; tape; wood skewers*; serrated knife

*The Teacher’s Candy Bouquet used a small thermos, and pencils instead of skewers.

This is all you'll need to DIY a $5 Candy Bouquet. Great gift idea when you need multiples! CraftsnCoffee.com.

Here’s what you’ll need for your Candy Bouquet.

To make a Candy Bouquet:

1. Cut your foam so that it fits snugly in the mug or other container. Wedge the foam into the container, and fill in with scraps, if needed, to hold the foam tight.

How to DIY a Candy Bouquet. Super easy gift idea! CraftsnCoffee.com.

Cut your foam to fit your containers.

2. Tape wood skewers to the back of the candy bars and gum packs.

I used pencils instead of wood skewers for the Teacher's Candy Bouquet.

I used pencils instead of wood skewers for the Teacher’s Candy Bouquet.

3. Arrange and insert the wood skewers into the container.

4. Optional: Add embellishments.

5. Cover the foam with paper shred, curling ribbon, or small candies.

You can have fun mixing and matching the candy to fit your occasion. If you need a few ideas to start, All Wording shares a list of sayings paired with popular candy bars.

Teacher’s Candy Bouquet

Pair this bouquet with a card that says: "many & many thanks to an EXTRA Special Teacher."

Pair this bouquet with a card that says: “many & many thanks to an EXTRA Special Teacher.”

Mother’s Day, Husband, Best Friend, or Someone Special Candy Bouquet

You might tag this bouquet with a saying such as: "I love you Mounds!" or "My love for you is Mound-less."

You might tag this bouquet with a saying such as: “I love you Mounds!” or “My love for you is Mound-less.”

Father’s Day Candy Bouquet

Here's a way to tell Dad: "Our love for you is bigger than the Milky Way!" or, "We love you to the Milky Way and back!"

Here’s a way to tell Dad: “Our love for you is bigger than the Milky Way!” or, “We love you to the Milky Way and back!”

Happy Graduation Candy Bouquet

This oversized, plastic cup is filled with $100,000 bars and gold wrapped Rolos®.

I picked up the embellishments at a craft store. They added a few dollars to the cost of the bouquet, and they are definitely optional.

The all-purpose, Happy Birthday, Get Well, Glad You’re My Friend, or other Special Occasion Candy Bouquet

Fun & easy DIY gift idea, and all of the supplies are from a dollar store. How to make a Candy Bouquet on CraftsnCoffee.com.

This mug says it all: “Chocolate is always the answer”!

Candy Bouquets are perfect for a quick and inexpensive gift, or when you need to make multiples.

What would you like in your Candy Bouquet? Do you have any suggestions for pairing candy bars and sentiments?

Happy candy crafting!

This entry was posted in Craft Tutorial, Gift Ideas, Kid's Crafts and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to A $5 DIY gift idea: How to make a Candy Bouquet

1. Pingback: Inexpensive and Easy Candy Gifts Sweet Services Blog

2. amberrose93 says:

beautiful, this would make a fantastic gift business with the right ideas fostered!

3. As soon as Jenna, my 4 year old granddaughter, saw this she started jumping up and down saying that Bumpah, my husband, needed one of these! I think I know what we are doing this afternoon! LOL Thanks for the inspiration!
    I am thinking Special Dark, Andes Mints, 3 Musketeers and Peppermint Patties since these are all his favorites and I happen to have them on hand! I LOVE You and Best Bumpah will probably be the sentiments we use.

Now that is too cute! What a fun day you must have had! I hope Jenna got to snack a little, too — one for Bumpah, one for Jenna . . . If you can, share a photo of Jenna’s Candy Bouquet so we can all see it, too. Craft on, you two! Sharon

• We made one for Bumpah and Jenna couldn’t wait to give it to him! She thought that she was meant to eat all the goodies right away! Needless to say, the Candy Bouquet did not last long enough to be photographed! LOL We are going to try to make her Mommy one too and will try to get photos of that one! Happy Mother’s Day!

🙂 “Makers = Keepers”, right? I’d find it hard to resist, too! I’m glad Jenna enjoyed the making and the eating. Here’s to more happy candy crafting days! Sharon

4. Angie says:

Sharon, this is an ideal gift for anyone on your list! This is great for a Happy Birthday or as a Thank You gift. Fun for Father’s Day or Mother’s Day….which is next weekend. I was thinking that utilizing a cool glue gun would be safe so as not to melt the candy. Be certain to check that your family member or friend is not allergic to peanuts or chocolate. You could even include sugar-free items for our Diabetic friends. I received one for a birthday a few years ago and it just made my day. I did share it and spread the fun with my friends. Cute!

Thanks for the suggestions, and a low-temp glue gun would sure be safer than the hot melt. Very smart to double check allergies and dietary restrictions, too. So glad you like the idea — the variations could be endless! Glad you stopped in, too. Sharon

5. Linda says:

So fun, so easy, so nice to give as a thoughtful gift!!! Thank you LOVE IT

Thank you so much! And they are absolutely fun and easy to make and I imagine a lot of fun to receive, too. I’m glad you stopped in today. Happy crafting! Sharon

YOU. ARE. A. LIFESAVER!!! This idea is exactly what I needed.
    Thanks Sharon 🙂

Aww, cute idea! I wish I could send you a Lifesaver Candy Bouquet! That’s a fun one. For what occasion are you making Candy Bouquets? Have fun, and let me know how they turn out. Happy crafting! Sharon

7. LIsaM6 says:

Love this idea!!!! The chocolate one with the Daisies is my favorite one. One thing I did with mine was hot glue the candy to the skewers. I find the tape did not hold up long.

Thank you, Lisa. I’m so glad that mentioned using a glue gun. I wondered if that would work, but I worried about melting the chocolate. It’s good to know that you were able to use a glue gun and the candy was fine. Thank you for the suggestion. I bet you used cute sayings, too — for what occasion did you make your Candy Bouquets? Sharon

8. These are awesome ideas for any occasion! Thank you for sharing. I know I will be making quite a few of these as gifts. Have a fantastic creative day!

🙂 I hope you have as much fun as I did (and I imagine the recipients of your Candy Bouquets will have the most fun!). Thanks for stopping in. Craft on! Sharon

Love this idea!