It’s the first week of spring – the perfect time to share with you this bright & dazzling, Crepe Paper Flower Wreath. I’ve introduced you to my friend Dina before – she is the photographer behind some of the lovely photos you see on Crafts ‘n Coffee. When I tell you that Dina designed today’s Crepe Paper Flower Wreath, you will not be surprised that it’s this gorgeous! Let me show you more!
Isn’t it beautiful? I have the supplies you’ll need below, and you’ll also want to follow this excellent, DIY flower tutorial at Oh My Handmade. Here are the details.
To make a Crepe Paper Flower Wreath, you’ll need:
- STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam: 14” wreath
- Crepe paper rolls in assorted colors (Dina used pastel pink, bright pink, pastel yellow, yellow, orange and black)
- Chenille stem
- Thick, white craft glue
- Tools needed: Scissors
To make a Crepe Paper Flower Wreath:
1. Wrap the wreath in crepe paper.
2. Make your flowers. Dina recommends following this tutorial. For her wreath, Dina used the following sizes:
- Three, 4” – 4-1/2” flowers
- Three, 3” – 3-1/2” flowers
- Two, 2-1/2” flowers
She suggests you make as many as you’d like – you can always cover the entire wreath in flowers! Also, Dina layered together pastel pink and bright pink; pastel yellow and yellow; and yellow and orange. Again, you can change up these colors to suit your own style.
3. Arrange your flowers on the wreath. When you like the arrangement, glue them in place.
4. Twist together the ends of a 3” length of chenille stem. Insert and glue the stem into the back of the wreath for a hanger. Let the glue dry before hanging the wreath.
It is so pretty! Of course, it’s not going to hold up in the rain, so you might want to display this wreath inside only. Dina has more to share, and here’s a sneak from next Tuesday’s post. See you then!
I wish you and your family a wonderful Easter weekend.
Happy springtime crafting!