Here’s what’s hatching today: DIY an easy Easter Egg Wreath

The pretty, Purple Ombre Easter Egg Wreath Patty Schaffer created last year sings “spring” and I decided to make my own springtime Easter Egg Wreath this year. When I saw these colorful, polka dot Confetti Eggs, I knew they would be perfect for my DIY Easter Egg Wreath. I am a sucker for polka dots! I made my wreath slightly smaller, and added a few fuzzy chicks just for fun. This Easter egg wreath is easy, so no matter how you like your eggs, I hope you’ll give it a try.

Super cute Easter Egg Wreath, super easy, too. DIY on CraftsnCoffee.com.

Cute Easter Egg Wreath made with confetti eggs and fuzzy chicks! DIY on CraftsnCoffee.com.

This was a fun wreath to DIY and I made it in an evening.

To make a Confetti Easter Egg Wreath, you’ll need:

• STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam: 12” wreath
  • Plastic eggs with confetti design, 5 dozen (I found mine at Oriental Trading)
  • Tissue paper in bright green
  • Fuzzy chicks, two
  • Ribbon (for hanging)
  • Low-temp glue gun
  • Tools needed: Scissors; ruler; chopstick or other pointed tool
Cute confetti eggs are perfect for an Easter Egg Wreath. CraftsnCoffee.com.

My supplies are ready so let’s go!

To make a Confetti Easter Egg Wreath:

1. Arrange eggs around the outside and the inside of the wreath, and then glue the eggs in place.

How to DIY an Easter Egg Wreath. Easy! CraftsnCoffee.com.

First step — arrange the eggs around the inside and outside of the wreath.

2. Layer the eggs on top of the wreath, and when you like the arrangement, glue them in place. Don’t worry about the openings between the eggs, because you’ll fill those in with tissue paper.

Easy, DIY tutorial for an Easter Egg Wreath. CraftsnCoffee.com.

Don’t worry about the gaps between the eggs. You’ll fill those in with tissue paper.

3. Cut 3” squares of tissue paper. Using a chopstick or other pointed tool, insert a tissue paper square between the eggs and into the wreath. Continue to add squares of tissue paper till you’ve filled in all openings.

DIY the cutest, Confetti Easter Egg Wreath on CraftsnCoffee.com.

Insert tissue paper squares between the eggs and poke into the wreath.

4. Glue the chicks to the wreath.

5. Thread a ribbon through the wreath, knot the ends together, and hang.

DIY an Easter Egg Wreath. Super easy! CraftsnCoffee.com.

You can make this wreath with your favorite style of plastic eggs.

Add these cute little chicks to your Easter Egg Wreath. DIY on CraftsnCoffee.com.

I thought about adding polka dots to the chicks, and I’m glad I left them “as is.”

I briefly thought about adding polka dots to the chicks – after all, wouldn’t polka dot chicks hatch from polka dot eggs? But I decided they were cute enough “as is” and I would leave them be.

This wreath went together in an evening, so it’s an easy one. There are so many styles and colors of plastic eggs in the stores and online, and I hope you find a few dozen that you really love so you can make your own Easter Egg Wreath.

It’s hard to believe that Easter is just a few weeks away! I’ll have more spring and Easter  crafts for you next week. Have you started crafting and decorating for Easter?

Happy crafting.

This entry was posted in Craft Tutorial, Easter Crafts, Wreaths and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

27 Responses to Here’s what’s hatching today: DIY an easy Easter Egg Wreath

1. Pingback: 20 DIY Easter Wreaths - The Exhausted Mom

2. Pingback: Quick and Easy Easter Crafts to make today! - Coupon Closet

3. Pingback: Spring Wreaths: 30+ DIY ideas from Easter, succulent, flower and recycled wreaths!

4. Pingback: 21 Hoppingly Fun Easter Crafts For Kids & Adults - Extreme Couponing Mom

5. Pingback: 25 Beautiful DIY Spring Wreaths - HoneyBear Lane

6. Pingback: 20 Beautiful DIY Spring Wreaths - The Happier Homemaker

7. Janet Donet says:

plastic tablecovers cut in squares may make a little more weather proof. there are so many colors to choose from. so cute either way

That is an excellent idea, and I think it would work perfectly — thank you for the suggestion. I wonder if plastic grocery bags, if you would find the right color, would also work. So glad you stopped in today! Happy crafting! Sharon

Beautiful wreath!! That color of green says Spring and the polka dots and chicks add so much fun and color! Love it!

Those are so cute. The polka dots add just the right touch with those little chicks.
    I entered an Easter card swap so that is my next card but I am trying to find fun craft todo with my little one

10. Pingback: 17 Creative and Easy DIY Easter Home Decorations - Style Motivation

11. Angie says:

So pretty! I have never seen confetti eggs before. Something new to me. Love how you have added several different textiles including the ribbon, tissue paper, and chicks. Looks like a fun project. I am thinking indoor use only. I do not think it would withstand outdoor weather!

Good point, Angie — the tissue paper would melt and run if it got wet! It’s pretty lightweight, too. I would definitely hang it in an area protected from the weather. Craft on, Angie! Sharon

12. Definitely thinking about making one of these!! Absolutely adorable!! LOVE those confetti eggs! Thanks for sharing!

🙂 Thank you! It was a lot of fun to make, and super easy, too. The eggs are available in so many different styles — lots of possibilities. What fun would it be if Jenna picked out the eggs she liked, and you made the wreath together?? Happy crafting! Sharon

How perfect – confetti eggs – how fun.Thanks for the great idea.

I know — when I saw those eggs on the web site, I knew I had to have them! I always seem to find new designs each year and the collection grows . . . I hope you get a chance to DIY an Easter Egg Wreath, too. Happy crafting! Sharon

14. This would raise anyone’s spirits!

I love this idea. It really calls out “SPRING”

Thank you! I really had fun making it and I love the spring look, too. What’s on your list for the weekend — any crafting fun? Sharon

16. Sar Tann says:

This is darling with endless possibility’s.

Thank you! How would you change it up? I already have another idea (or two!) for this wreath, too. I’d love to hear your ideas. Happy crafting! Sharon