Hey cupcake – Here’s how to DIY a Cupcake Bouquet!

We’re talking cupcakes today and I’m not going to lie – this might be my all-time favorite tutorial! Who wouldn’t love a DIY Cupcake Bouquet? I saw my first Cupcake Bouquet at a school bake sale several years ago, and I’ve wanted to make a Cupcake Bouquet ever since. Finally, a few weeks ago, I got together with a friend and we made our own Cupcake Bouquet. Here’s our tutorial for making a Cupcake Bouquet, and it’s easier than you think.

DIY Cupcake Bouquet for Valentine's Day or any occasion. CraftsnCoffee.com.

Celebrate and make a Cupcake Bouquet!

Isn’t it pretty? I could not have made this without my friend Dina – she’s a professional photographer and a cake decorator. I baked the cupcakes and assembled the bouquet, and Dina decorated the cupcakes and shot these beautiful photos. And trust me, the bouquet was just as pretty in person. I sent the cupcakes to school, and ten teenager girls devoured all 24 in no time at all, so I guess they tasted as good as they looked.

Cupcake-Bouquet-Tutorial

It’s as pretty as a bouquet of fresh roses, but tastes so much better!

To make a Cupcake Bouquet, you’ll need:

• STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam: 6” ball
  • Bowl, basket, or other container to fit the 6” ball (this pretty bowl is from Pioneer Woman’s collection at WalMart)
  • Cupcakes baked in liners (I used 20 cupcakes)
  • Frosting
  • Tissue paper in green
  • Low-temp glue gun
  • Tools needed: Scissors, toothpicks, metal skewer, cake decorating bag and tip (Dina used the Wilton 1M tip)

To make a Cupcake Bouquet:

1. Bake your cupcakes in liners and let cool.

2. Position your ball of STYROFOAM Brand Foam in your container and test the fit. It should fit snugly, so that it will not tip, roll or fall out of the container. l added a little crumpled paper in the bottom of my bowl to raise up the ball just a bit. If needed, secure the ball in the bowl with low-temp glue.

Beautiful and easy -- How to DIY a Cupcake Bouquet. CraftsnCoffee.com.

3. Add a row of cupcakes around the rim of the bowl. To add a cupcake, insert two toothpicks into the foam ball so that the picks point slightly upward. Poke two holes in the bottom of a cupcake using the metal skewer. Insert the cupcake onto the toothpicks. Repeat, adding toothpicks and cupcakes, till you have the first row all around the foam ball.

4. Add a second row of cupcakes.

5. Finish adding cupcakes to fill in the opening at the top.

6. Frost each cupcake to look like a rose. (This tutorial is easy to follow.)

7. Cut the green tissue paper into 3” – 4” squares. Carefully tuck the squares between the cupcakes, and using the metal skewer, push the tissue paper into the foam ball.

8. Enjoy!

How to make a Cupcake Bouquet. Easy-to-follow tutorial on CraftsnCoffee.com.

We debated over which bowl to use and decided that the red bowl was perfect for Valentine’s Day.

This is such a sweet way to celebrate Valentine’s Day! It would also make a beautiful centerpiece and dessert for a birthday party, wedding shower, baby shower, or really, do you need a special occasion to make a Cupcake Bouquet? I think not!

DIY Cupcake Bouquet for Valentine's Day or any occasion. CraftsnCoffee.com.

Have you ever made a Cupcake Bouquet?

Have you ever made a Cupcake Bouquet? Are you inspired to DIY one now? After watching Dina, and this video for making cupcake roses, I am going to try making my own cupcake roses. And between you and me, I’m stirring around a few more ideas for Cupcake Bouquets . . .

Happy cupcake crafting!

This entry was posted in Craft Tutorial, Entertaining, Gift Ideas, Weddings and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

33 Responses to Hey cupcake – Here’s how to DIY a Cupcake Bouquet!

1. Pingback: 13 DIY Edible Valentine Gifts | Agatha Chocolats

2. Pingback: 31 Valentines Day Ideas ~ Faith And Family Fun

3. Sheila Russell says:

Wow what a great idea for Valentines day

4. Pingback: Baby Shower DIY Projects - Mom's Messy Miracles

5. Pingback: Baby Shower DIY: 10 Idee A-D-O-R-A-B-I-L-I! | LUNAdei Creativi

6. Pingback: DIY- Cupcake Bouquet – Edible Crafts

7. Pingback: Talented Tuesday Link Party #65 - Aspen Jay

8. Pingback: Talented Tuesday Link Party #65 | Crafty Staci

9. Reblogged this on Dem Bones and commented:
    Deliciously Creative!!! 🙂 ❤

10. Pingback: Here’s A Few Last Minute Valentine Ideas For You

11. Sharon, I’m doing some last minute Valentine Day ideas, I’m if it’s OK with you, I’d love to share this on my post with a link back here to show how to do this. Very cute idea!

12. Pingback: 11 Valentine's Day Cupcake Recipes to Bake for Your Sweetheart - Baby to Boomer Lifestyle

Wow, what a beautiful dessert/centerpiece! This would work with many cupcake colors – I love it!!! A delicious work of art!

Thank you! It’s definitely one of my favorites — what’s not to love? And you certainly could change up the colors for just about any occasion. Happy crafting! Sharon

14. twopluscute says:

This looks fantastic! I pin 🙂

15. This is beautiful! Now I need to go find a cupcake….or a donut…..or a cake….or a cookie…..or a brownie……or…. LOL
    Leslie

🙂 Hmmm, can we adapt this to donuts, or brownies, or . . . I’m sure there’s a way! So glad you’re inspired, and I hope you have a chance to DIY your own Cupcake (or other sweet treat) Bouquet. Sharon

16. Angie says:

What a delightful bouquet for anyone at any age! Use your favorite cake recipe from scratch or prepare your favorite Pillsbury or Duncan Hines cake mix. Flavors like vanilla, chocolate, marble, cherry, banana, and more are available. I have found if you whip canned icing, that it magically doubles in size. Or make your favorite buttercream icing. Your pictures make it look so simple that any of us could create this bouquet! Thank you for sharing!

You can absolutely use a cake mix — I did, and it helps make this project really do-able. I think anyone could make this Bouquet — it’s surprisingly easy. I did not know the trick about whipping canned icing, and I’ll have to remember your tip. Thank you! So glad you stopped by today. Shaorn

17. How beautiful! Jenna made her first batch of cupcakes yesterday and I think she would love to make this bouquet! I think we will get the stuff and make it for her Bumpah and Daddy on Valentine’s Day! She will be so proud to have something for them that she made!!!
    You always give me so many ideas of things to do with her and we love it!!!

How awesome that Jenna is learning her way around the kitchen. I hope you and Jenna get to make a Cupcake Bouquet — or two. She will remember this forever! Be sure to share a photo of your Cupcake Bouquet! Happy cupcake crafting! Sharon

This is fantastic – can’t wait to make one. You always have the best ideas!

when I first saw this cupcake bouquet I thought “WOW This is so beautiful! I wonder if I can make this or will be end up being another “Pinterest Fail”. I promise to try it and post my results. This seems like a nice Mother’s Day craft for my Mom and Grandmother. They’ve been on my mind lately

I’d love to see your Cupcake Bouquets! This is totally do-able, and your Mom and Grandma would love it! How could you not smile when presented with a Cupcake Bouquet? (I have a few ideas for other themes, like Minions . . .) Happy Friday and Happy Crafting! Sharon

20. swappinghowdies says:

Wow — that looks beautiful (and surely tastes delicious)! 🙂

I have to say that when we were done, I was pretty impressed with it, too. Pretty + Tasty = Perfect for Valentine’s Day! Thanks so much for stopping in. Sharon