Welcome to 2016, the best crafts of 2015, and thank you!

Happy, happy New Year! We have a beautiful, blue sky today and I couldn’t ask for a better start to the year. I’m not one for New Year resolutions, but I do like to take a look back at the past year here on Crafts ‘n Coffee. I like to see what you enjoyed the most, which helps me plan for the coming year. I also want to say “thank you” to a few special fans and a super-star crafter. And what else? Wait till you see the changes we made around here over the last few weeks!

First up, the changes. You might remember that last summer, my daughter worked behind the scenes to build an index for the hundreds of Craft & Decor Tutorials here on Crafts ‘n Coffee. Awesome, right? But that was just phase one.

Awesome DIY crafts & decor on CraftsnCoffee.com.

Phase one last summer — building an index for all of the Craft & Decor Tutorials.

Over winter break, she tackled phase two and added a photo for every.single.project. This makes it so easy to find your favorite projects, and to find new ideas, too. If you’re looking to DIY a snowman, or maybe a wreath, or a project for the Scout troop, you can now click over to the project pages and see at a glance what each project looks like. Hooray!

Tons of cute snowmen (and other awesome crafts) on CraftsnCoffee.com.

Click on the project categories, like Snowmen, and you’ll see a photo of every project.

Curious about the top projects from last year? Valentine’s Day is right around the corner, and this Valentine’s Day String Art Heart was one of the top crafts in 2015. I also shared a version made with sparkling, sequined string.

Amazing -- no wood or pounding used to make this string art! Tutorial on CraftsnCoffee.com

Easy -- no pounding & smashed fingers! Pretty, too. CraftsnCoffee.com.

Gold & Glittering String Art Heart

Crafts ‘n Coffee readers love deco mesh! The Deco Mesh Christmas Topiary is a big favorite, and a project you can easily change up for Valentine’s Day, too.

Make a Deco Mesh Topiary for Christmas OR Valentine's Day! CraftsnCoffee.com.

You can easily turn the Christmas Deco Mesh Topiary (left) into a Valentine’s Day Topiary.

Kids’ crafts are always popular on Crafts ‘n Coffee, especially school projects like the Solar System. I have a few more school projects planned for this year, and I hope you’ll give them an A+, too.

Great for school projects -- three different ways to make a Solar System. CraftsnCoffee.com.

I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again – everyone loves to make snowmen! These are the top five favorite snowman crafts on Crafts ‘n Coffee. In 2016, I’m scheming about how to include more snowmen in the line up . . .

All-time favorite snowman crafts! Tutorials on CraftsnCoffee.com.

One of the favorite snowman crafts, the Handful of Snowmen, inspired super-star crafter Debbie, and she’s made several dozen of these cuties for friends, family, and co-workers. You go, Debbie!  (I would say “let’s give Debbie a hand”, but my daughter would groan and tell me that I’d just made another corny joke.) If you’ve also been inspired by Crafts ‘n Coffee, tell me about it!

Debbie's Flake Families. She's a super-star crafter! CraftsnCoffee.com.

A few of the Glove Snowmen that Debbie calls her Flake Families.

Cute snowmen, made with the easy tutorial on Crafts 'n Coffee.

And more Flake Families made by Debbie! Debbie estimates that she’s made dozens of these Glove Snowmen.

Adorable! Made with a glove and Styrofoam balls. CraftsnCoffee.com.

The original Handful of Snowmen by Kathleen George.

Thank you all for making 2015 a success, and I am looking forward to another year packed with creative ideas and tons of crafts. I appreciate each and every one of you! Thank you! I also want to thank my readers who take the time to stop in and leave comments. I cherish your feedback, and the glimpses you share into your creative lives. There are a few “power” commenters around here, and I have a little “thank you” gift for Barb Macaskill, LisaM6, Katiria and Angie Dyer; and of course, super-star Debbie, too.

I wish all of you and your families a wonderful 2016! Let’s get together often this year and share our creative adventures!

This entry was posted in Christmas Crafts, Christmas Topiaries, Craft Tutorial, Fabric Craft, Gift Ideas, Home Decor, Kid's Crafts, Recycle Crafts, Snowmen, Topiaries, Valentine's Day Craft, Wall Art, Wintertime Crafts and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Welcome to 2016, the best crafts of 2015, and thank you!

1. Diane W says:

Happy New Year and looking forward to another year of great craft ideas. Thank you.

I for one love all the great ideas you share. After Friday, it will be time for some new crafts to try. Thanks for the great tuts and ideas. Welcome 2016!!!!!

Hooray for 2016! It sounds like the kids will be back to school soon, so it’s time to head into the craft room, right? Are you looking for any new craft ideas? If so, let me know and maybe I can find a few for you. Thanks for reading Crafts ‘n Coffee, Lisa, and for all of the sweet comments you leave. I appreciate it, always. Sharon

I am looking forward to a new year of Crafts n’ coffee!! Love all the snowmen although there is no snow here in Texas!

No snow in Texas = all the more reason to craft your own! While you’re not getting snow, you’ve certainly had your share of crazy weather in Texas. Stay safe and stay warm! Thank you for following along, and Happy New Year! Sharon

Hi, Welcome back! Happy New Year to everyone.
    Sharon, kudos to your daughter for all the hard work she put into the tutorials & pictures.
    You listed some of my favorite crafts. I would also include the faux cupcakes and the patriotic deco mesh wreath. (actually anything deco mesh is pretty cool)
    In 2015 you inspired me with your duct tape spiders. I had to run out and buy black duct tape because I wanted to make those cute little guys. Looking forward to more crafts in 2016!

Thank you, and a very happy, happy New Year to you and your family. I always love to hear what my readers like best, so thank you for the input. I may have another deco mesh craft coming up in the next few months . . . Glad you liked the Duct Tape Spiders, too! Those were a fun one and I loved how they turned out. I hope you find the time to create in 2016! Sharon

5. Awwww! You are so sweet! Your posts always put a smile on my face and my 3 year old granddaughter has a list a mile long of projects that we have to do because she saw them here and fell in love with them! We check each post out together so we can decide which ones we will tackle first!
    I am going to be checking out your daughter’s handiwork and finding a few for us to work on this month! I know that one if them will be the adorable handful of snowmen! LOVELOVELOVE it!! So cute! Hope your New Year is as wonderful as you are!!
    Barb and Jenna

Like grandma like granddaughter! Thank you for sharing your love of crafts with Jenna, and making her my youngest follower! 🙂 Thank you for the feedback about the new directory pages, too. Now, if we can just keep them updated . . . Wishing you a happy, crafty new year! Sharon