Gather your paper, punch, pin, repeat. In a nutshell, that’s all you need to DIY a Paper Punch Snowflake Ornament. Making these Snowflake Ornaments isn’t hard, but it’s what I like to call a “TV craft.” Download a few Christmas carols, cozy up to a cup of cocoa, and punch and pin and you’ll have your Snowflake Ornament done in no time.
To make a Paper Punch Snowflake Ornament, you’ll need:
- STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam: 3” ball
- Scrapbook paper, 12” x 12”, two sheets of white (Patty used a paper with an embossed texture)
- Pearl head pins in white, about 75
- White ribbon, 5/16” x 10” (for hanging)
- Tools needed: Scissors; 1” snowflake punch
To make a Paper Punch Snowflake Ornament:
- Punch out about 75 snowflakes from your white scrapbook paper.
- Push a pearl head pin through the center of a snowflake and pin the snowflake to the ball.
- Continue pinning snowflakes to the ball until it’s covered.
- Knot together the ends of the ribbon, leaving 1” tails. Pin and glue the knot to the ornament.
For a little pop of color, try changing out the white, pearl head pins for something more colorful, like Patty did when she made her Paper Punch Flower Ornament.
Don’t put your paper punches away yet – I’ll have another pretty, paper punch craft for you later this week to kick off the annual Festival of Trees. I’m planning a giveaway, too . . .
See you Friday, and happy crafting!