Candy Corn Crafts Week: Wrap it up with deco mesh tubing ribbon

Have you seen this colorful, flexible tubing (ribbon?) in your craft store? It’s called by different names – mesh tubing, deco mesh tubing, deco mesh tubing ribbon, flex ribbon, deco flex tubing ribbon, and probably more. I used it to make today’s Halloween Candy Corn Cones and it was super easy to use and I love how it looks! There’s a metallic thread woven into the flex ribbon so each color sparkles. If you can’t find the colors you want in your craft store, it’s widely available online. I’m really intrigued with this product, and it’s not the last you’ll see of this flexible ribbon, tubing, or whatever you call it.

Wrap deco mesh tubing around Styrofoam cones for this quick & easy Candy Corn DIY. CraftsnCoffee.com.

Have you tried this? It's so fun to use. See ideas on CraftsnCoffee.com.

You’ll find this deco mesh ribbon tubing in stores and online.

Fun & easy candy corn craft made with Styrofoam cones and deco mesh tubing. Love these! CraftsnCoffee.com.

Can you see the metallic glint on these cones?

To make the Flex Ribbon Candy Corn Cones, you’ll need:

• STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam: Cones in size of your choice (I used 12”, 9” and 6” cones)
  • Flexible tubing ribbon, one package each in white, orange and yellow
  • Low-temp glue gun
  • Tools needed: Scissors; straight pins

To make the Flex Ribbon Candy Corn Cones:

1. Start at the base of the cone, and squeeze a little low-temp adhesive around the cone. Wrap the yellow, flexible ribbon around the base of the cone, and continue gluing and wrapping the plastic tube around the cone. If needed, use straight pins to temporarily hold the tubing in place.
  2. Continue wrapping the yellow plastic tube around the cone, till you’ve covered about 1/3 of the cone. Repeat the process to add the orange, and then the white, mesh ribbon.
  3. At the top, spiral the white deco tubing around the top of the cone, and glue and pin in place. Once the glue is set, remove your pins.

And that’s it. It was easy enough to make the trio in just an hour or two.

Love these! These Candy Corn Cones are easy to DIY with deco mesh tubing or flex ribbon. CraftsnCoffee.com.

The deco mesh tubing (ribbon, flex ribbon, or whatever you call it) was really easy to work with. You can make a trio in just an hour or two.

Today wraps up Candy Corn Crafts Week. Do you have a favorite from the projects featured this week?

Super fun and easy! Tutorial for Glittered Candy Corn Cones on CraftsnCoffee.com.

Decorate with easy Glittered Candy Corn Cones.

Halloween craft stash buster -- use your fabric scraps and make this Candy Corn Cone. CraftsnCoffee.com.

How cute would this be hanging on your front door? It's an easy alternative to a Halloween wreath. CraftsnCoffee.com.

Don’t forget about the giveaway this week. I’m giving away five copies of the magazine Halloween Tricks & Treats, which features this beautiful Candy Corn Wreath by Patty Schaffer.

It's the iconic Candy Corn Wreath! Published in Halloween Tricks & Treats.

Candy Corn Wreath by Patty Schaffer in the magazine Halloween Tricks & Treats.

For you chance to win a copy, be sure to leave a comment every day this week, starting this past Monday. I’ll choose five names at random from those who left daily comments on Monday, September 28, and announce the winners on Tuesday, September 29. You have till midnight on Sunday, September 27, to leave your comments.

I hope you enjoyed Candy Corn Crafts Week!

Craft on!

This entry was posted in Craft Tutorial, Halloween Crafts and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

24 Responses to Candy Corn Crafts Week: Wrap it up with deco mesh tubing ribbon

1. Luann says:

This is the first time I’ve seen the mesh tubing. Very interesting way to use it.

2. Pingback: 16 Straightforward To Make DIY Halloween Decorations | play1.me

3. Thanks so much for sharing these fun ideas with us at the Talented Tuesday Link Party! Time for me to plug in the glue gun and get to crafting!

4. Pingback: An Easy Halloween Craft ANYONE Can DO! – Home and Garden

5. Pingback: Top 10 DIY Crafts Of The Day

Those are neat. The added texture and bling. Gotta add this to my to try list. 🙂

I wasn’t expecting the “bling” effect when I started working on these, and I love the dimension it adds. I also like the transparent effect on top, too — makes me wonder how else I can use the transparent effect on other projects. Any ideas? Thanks! Sharon

7. I have never seen this mesh tubing before but am going to search online for it!! It looks like it would be handy for lots of different projects!! I am working on a project now that this would be a perfect addition to! Now I really need to get some!!! Thanks for this fun (and mostly, calorie free) week!! My favorites are today’s project and the DIY Halloween Candy Corn Décor and the Candy Corn Door hanging! Thanks for the inspiration! Hope you have a creative and fun weekend!

I can’t wait to hear more about your project and how you use the mesh tubing, Barb. I think there are so many ways to use it, and I’ve already ordered more. 🙂 What’s on your craft table right now? Sharon

Wow this is new to me – have not heard of deco mesh tubing! Thanks for a wonderful week of Candy corn goodness!!!

9. Donna Baker says:

Love the deco mesh tubing ribbon.

10. Lorrie Koenig says:

I have seen the tubing product but I really like how you used it to make the candy corn. They turned out really cute!

I loved working with this mesh tubingribbon, and found it easy to use. And there are so many great colors. My wheels are turning! Thanks for stopping in. Sharon

11. Jessica Weyrowske says:

So many cute crafts this week, I can’t decide where to start!!

12. soncee says:

Ah-mayziiing!! You’re super uber talented my little crafty friend! I love this!!!

Thank you, and really, this is an easy one that anyone can make. Fortunately, I usually have a lot of help from other crafters, too, and they are so generous to share their tutorials here. Happy Halloween crafting to you! Sharon

This flexible tubing ribbon candy corn is even easier than the glitter one from the other day. How do you manage to find such quick, easy, fun crafts for us everyday? Thank you, thank you.

Aww, thank you! It’s really fun to share these ideas, and whenever it’s something I’ve DIY-ed, I know it’s easy enough for anyone to DIY. Crafting and chocolate both make people happy, right? Happy crafting to you, Katiria. Sharon