Have you seen this colorful, flexible tubing (ribbon?) in your craft store? It’s called by different names – mesh tubing, deco mesh tubing, deco mesh tubing ribbon, flex ribbon, deco flex tubing ribbon, and probably more. I used it to make today’s Halloween Candy Corn Cones and it was super easy to use and I love how it looks! There’s a metallic thread woven into the flex ribbon so each color sparkles. If you can’t find the colors you want in your craft store, it’s widely available online. I’m really intrigued with this product, and it’s not the last you’ll see of this flexible ribbon, tubing, or whatever you call it.
To make the Flex Ribbon Candy Corn Cones, you’ll need:
- STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam: Cones in size of your choice (I used 12”, 9” and 6” cones)
- Flexible tubing ribbon, one package each in white, orange and yellow
- Low-temp glue gun
- Tools needed: Scissors; straight pins
To make the Flex Ribbon Candy Corn Cones:
- Start at the base of the cone, and squeeze a little low-temp adhesive around the cone. Wrap the yellow, flexible ribbon around the base of the cone, and continue gluing and wrapping the plastic tube around the cone. If needed, use straight pins to temporarily hold the tubing in place.
- Continue wrapping the yellow plastic tube around the cone, till you’ve covered about 1/3 of the cone. Repeat the process to add the orange, and then the white, mesh ribbon.
- At the top, spiral the white deco tubing around the top of the cone, and glue and pin in place. Once the glue is set, remove your pins.
And that’s it. It was easy enough to make the trio in just an hour or two.
Today wraps up Candy Corn Crafts Week. Do you have a favorite from the projects featured this week?
For you chance to win a copy, be sure to leave a comment every day this week, starting this past Monday. I’ll choose five names at random from those who left daily comments on Monday, September 28, and announce the winners on Tuesday, September 29. You have till midnight on Sunday, September 27, to leave your comments.
I hope you enjoyed Candy Corn Crafts Week!