How to DIY an Easter Egg Wreath (in purple ombre!)

The purple eggs on this Easter Egg Wreath remind me of jelly beans. Designer Patty Schaffer made this Easter Egg Wreath with purple plastic eggs in three different shades for an ombre effect. The ombre eggs are on sale over at Oriental Trading, and they’re also available in pink, blue and green. Mix it up and use whatever color you like. Here’s how to make your Easter Egg Wreath in four easy steps. (I have a winner to announce today, too.)

Love the Ombre Eggs. Make it in four easy steps over on CraftsnCofee.com.

Purple Ombre Easter Egg Wreath by Patty Schaffer.

To make an Easter Egg Wreath, you’ll need:

• STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam: 14” wreath
  • Fabric, ½ yd.
  • Plastic eggs, at least 7 dozen (you’ll find the purple ombre eggs at Oriental Trading)
  • Spanish moss
  • Ribbon
  • Low-temp glue gun
  • Tools needed: Scissors; ruler; straight pins; optional: rotary cutter and mat

To make an Easter Egg Wreath:

1. Cut fabric into 1-1/4” wide strips. Pin and glue a strip to the back of the wreath, and then wrap the strip around the wreath; pin and glue the other end. Continue wrapping the wreath till covered.
  1. Randomly glue eggs to the wreath till it’s covered completely.
How to make an Easter Egg Wreath in four easy steps. CraftsnCoffee.com.

Tuck in bits of Spanish moss between the eggs.

1. Tuck in Spanish moss between the eggs, filling in empty spaces.
  1. Tie ribbon in a bow, and glue to the wreath.

Easy, right? Do you like the purple ombre eggs, or would you choose a different color?

Love the Ombre Eggs. Make it in four easy steps over on CraftsnCofee.com.

Oriental Trading sells the ombre eggs in purple, pink, blue and green. Or, use eggs in your favorite colors or patterns.

I have a winner to announce, too. Thank you to everyone who visited StyrofoamCrafts.com and took a tour around the site. I loved hearing about your favorite crafts, and read every single comment. The team at Dow helped select today’s winner and it is Barb Macaskill. Barb has an especially inspiring list of crafts she plans to make from the site! Congratulations, Barb. Please contact me so I can arrange for your prize package.

Who has weekend craft plans?

Happy crafting.

This entry was posted in Craft Tutorial, Easter Crafts, Spring Crafts, Wreaths and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to How to DIY an Easter Egg Wreath (in purple ombre!)

1. Pingback: 20 DIY Easter Wreaths - The Exhausted Mom

2. Sar Tann says:

This is a really neat idea. I want to open some of them up and see if there is a treat inside. 🙂

What a perfectly purple wreath 🙂 This year I got about half my Easter decorations out and they are just sitting there in the corner waiting for me to put them up. So many decorations, so little time 🙂
    Congratulations Barb!

Fortunately, there’s still a lot of time to decorate, Katiria. I know you’ll have an eggs-tra fun Easter this year with your new little bunny. Sharon

4. Angie Dyer says:

Congrats, Barb! So happy for you!

I love the purple egg wreath. Purple is not my fav color like my friend Shiela. But have to say, the purple came out pretty. Another color palet would be blue, pink, green, or even yellow for Spring and Easter colors. Thank you for sharing!

5. I love this post! What a lovely blog as well.

❤️
    Emory
    helloscarlettblog.com

6. Message sent!! I am so excited! 🙂 I am planning on doing some coloring this weekend and also making a scrapmabob for a challenge. I also want to play around with some new stamps that I have gotten this week and hoping to finish painting a tote bag I am working on. After that, who knows? Waiting for my foam products to arrive so I can get started on my projects from the site! Have a great weekend!

Congratulations, Barb! It think Dow found your enthusiasm and crafty plans irresistible. I’d love to see photos as you work on all of your spring crafts! Thanks so much for following Crafts ‘n Coffee, and I hope you’ll share us with your crafty friends, too. Think spring! Sharon

• My goodies arrived yesterday! I think they sent them lightning mail! LOL Just couldn’t resist eating the Mint Crème egg as soon as I saw it. YUMMY! I will post pics as I create them! I hope to get started sometime this week.

Thank you for letting me know, Barb. Enjoy it all! And thank you again for following and for your sweet comments. Invite your crafty friends to follow Crafts ‘n Coffee, too – the more, the merrier! Sharon