When I spied this St. Patrick’s Day garland in a discount store, I knew it was the start of a super-easy St. Patricks’ Day Topiary. (Remember my Mardi Gras Feather Boa Wreath? I had a similar idea for that wreath, but couldn’t find a Mardi Gras garland.) St. Patrick’s Day is a fun one, but it’s gone in a flash, so who wants to spend a lot of time with the décor? DIY this quick and easy St. Patrick’s Day Topiary and you’ll have plenty of time for celebrating.
To make a Super-Fast St. Patrick’s Day Topiary, you’ll need:
- STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam: 16” cone
- St. Patrick’s Day garland
- Gold coins
- Pot-‘o-gold pick (I found mine at Michaels)
- Low-temp glue gun
- Tools needed: Scissors; u-pins
To make a Super-Fast St. Patrick’s Day Topiary:
1. Pin and glue one end of the garland to the base of the cone. Wrap the garland around the cone all the way to the top. Pin and glue as you wrap to help hold it in place. Cut off excess garland.
2. Glue stack of gold coins to the top of the cone.
3. Carefully remove the pick from the pot-’o-gold, and glue the pot on top of the stack of coins.
4. Glue gold coins to the garland all around the topiary.
And that’s it! Thirty minutes later (maybe) and you’re done. Be sure to check out these St. Patrick’s Day topiaries, too.
I’ll show you what I made with the rest of the supplies tomorrow.