Do you remember the Thanksgiving Turkey Deco Mesh Wreath Patty Schaffer made? The colors of the Deco Mesh were beautiful, and I wanted to adapt it and make a season-spanning Deco Mesh wreath for fall. So, I got to work changing up Patty’s Thanksgiving Wreath to make it a Deco Mesh Harvest Wreath. (Patty said it was o.k. to reinvent her wreath.)
So, here’s the Deco Mesh Harvest Wreath.
And here’s Patty’s original Thanksgiving Turkey Deco Mesh Wreath.
After I removed the turkey from the wreath, I took it with me to shop for the new embellishments. It’s a big wreath, and hard to miss, and as I walked the aisles at Micheals and Jo-Ann Stores, it became clear that this wreath has a lot of fans. Here’s how I adapted Patty’s wreath.
To make a Deco Mesh Harvest Wreath, you’ll need:
- STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam: 12” wreath
- Deco Mesh, 10” wide: Two-tone brown gold; two-tone yellow gold; chocolate brown; orange; apple green. (You’ll have some leftover)
- Wire, 20 gauge
- Faux gourd or pumpkin
- Floral pick with leaves, berries and Chinese lanterns
- Silk leaves
- Ribbon, 8” length
- Low-temp glue gun
- Tools needed: Scissors; knippers; floral pins
To make a Deco Mesh Harvest Wreath:
1. Follow Steps 1 – 3 in Patty’s original tutorial.
2. Using floral pins, attach the floral stem to the open area on the wreath. Pin and glue on additional silk leaves. Note: I found it easiest to decorate the wreath when it was hanging up.
3. Determine how you would like to position the pumpkin or gourd, and glue in place.
4. Continue to add leaves around the pumpkin, and add a few among the Deco Mesh loops, too.
6. Tie the ribbon in a loop and pin and glue to the back of the wreath. Let glue dry before hanging.
Make it with a turkey or make it with an assortment of fall accents, but make this Deco Mesh Wreath. As the shoppers at Michaels and Jo-Ann Stores confirmed, it’s stunning.