Some days, I feel like I’m living in the book If You Give a Mouse a Cookie. After I made the Glittered Candy Corn, I had extra candy corn leftover and decided to DIY a Glittered Candy Corn Garland. After I made the Glittered Candy Corn Garland, I had fabric strips leftover and I couldn’t let them go to waste. And so, I made my Glittered Candy Corn Wreath. I really love it, and hope you do, too.
- STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam: 12” x 18” x 1” sheet; 16” wreath
- Scrap paper (for pattern)
- Acrylic craft paints in orange, white and yellow
- Glitter, crystalline
- Fabrics, 5 – 7 assorted prints, ¼ yd each
- Ribbon for hanging wreath
- Low-temp glue gun
- Tools needed: Scissors; straight pins; sharp pencil; Exacto® knife; wood skewers; stiff paintbrushes, 1” and ½” wide; newspaper; optional: iron
To make a Glittered Candy Corn Wreath:
1. Follow the instructions for making Glittered Candy Corn. I used two candy corn on my wreath, but you could use as many as you like. You could even cover the entire wreath in glittered candy corn.
2. Tear your fabrics into 1” and 1-1/2” wide strips. If strips are too curled, press with an iron.
3. Wrap a fabric strip around the wreath, pinning and gluing the ends to the back of the wreath. Continue to wrap the wreath in fabric strips till it’s covered.
4. Position two glittered candy corn onto the wreath and glue in place.
5. Loop a length of ribbon through the wreath for hanging.
And that’s it! It’s an easy Halloween wreath. And I’m all about making it easy. Last year, I made a Duct Tape Candy Corn Wreath. While it’s a completely different style, it’s also a super-easy Halloween wreath to DIY.
Don’t forget about this week’s Candy & Crafts Giveaway. I’m giving away two prize packages containing:
- One bag each of original, Indian, s’mores, and caramel macchiato candy corn.
- Copies of Better Homes & Gardens Halloween Tricks & Treats, Holiday Crafts and Christmas Ideas.
**Please Note: This Giveaway is Closed**
To win these goodies, tell me about the magazines, blogs, web sites and other places you go for craft ideas. I’m eager to know where you find your inspiration. Comment by Monday, September 22, and I’ll announce the winner on Tuesday, September 23.
Here’s a sneak peek of tomorrow’s candy corn craft. (Don’t tell the others, but he might be my favorite.)
Happy candy corn crafting.