I was never a big fan of creamsicles – till I saw Patty Schaffer’s Creamsicle Greeting Card. It’s adorable and everything that summer should be – sweet, colorful and a lot of fun. Imagine making several of these as party invitations. Or, mix and match and make a few of Patty’s Ice Cream Cone Greeting Cards, too.
To make a Creamsicle Greeting Card, you’ll need:
- STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam: 10” x 12” x 1-1/4” block
- Scrapbook paper, several sheets
- White paper, 1-1/2” x 6”
- Tissue paper, white and peach
- Popsicle stick
- Mod Podge
- Glue dots or other paper adhesive
- Low-temp glue gun
- Optional: Stamp pad; circle embellishment
- Tools needed: Scissors; serrated knife; soap or old candle; stiff paintbrush; optional: scallop edge paper punch or deco edge scissors; “it’s a party” stamp
To make a Creamsicle Greeting Card:
1. Score and fold a 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” piece of patterned paper to make the card.
2. Using a scalloped edge punch, deco scissors, or regular scissors, trim the long edge of a 3” x 8-1/2” strip of paper. Adhere to the top of the card.
3. Wax the knife with soap or an old candle. Cut a 2-¼” x 3-½” piece of foam from the block of STYROFOAM Brand Foam. Carefully carve the foam to look like a popsicle, referring to the photo if needed.
4. Coat the foam popsicle with Modge Podge and cover with white tissue paper. Let dry.
5. Brush on another coat of Mod Podge on the front and sides, but not along the bottom edge. Cover the popsicle with peach tissue paper, and trim in a straight line across the bottom edge so it leaves the white tissue exposed. The exposed white tissue paper along the bottom gives the popsicle the look of a creamsicle. Let dry.
6. Insert the popsicle stick into the bottom of the foam shape.
7. Add your greeting on the 1-1/2” x 6” strip of white paper. Patty stamped ‘it’s a party’ on her paper strip. Adhere the strip and circle accent to the card.
8. Glue the creamsicle onto the card.
Complete your summer fun theme and hang the Popsicle Door Hanger on your front door. By changing up the colors, you could make this look like a creamsicle, too. Or any other favorite flavor.
While we’re on the subject of frozen confections, did you know you know that today is ♥National Hot Fudge Sundae Day♥? Oh, yes it is! Who is planning to celebrate today with a dollop of whip cream and a cherry on top?
Happy summertime crafting!