Are you a fan of Deco Mesh? I’ve shared some fun Deco Mesh crafts, like the Deco Mesh Topiary or Deco Mesh Halloween Ghost. Recently, I saw something new at Jo-Ann Stores – rolls of mesh ribbon only 6” wide. I was intrigued. Sometimes, Deco Mesh projects turn out really big, and I wondered how the smaller mesh would look. I made a Summertime, Deco Mesh Wreath with the 6” mesh and while there’s still plenty of springy pouf, its more tailored size just might fit in smaller spaces. (And what’s that, another giveaway? Read on!)
To make a Summertime, Deco Mesh Wreath, you’ll need:
- STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam: 12” wreath
- Deco Mesh, one 6” wide roll each of red, white and blue
- Silver glitter ribbon, 1-1/2” wide
- Tools needed: Scissors; floral u-pins
To make a Summertime, Deco Mesh Wreath:
1. Cut a length of red Deco Mesh into 2” wide strips, and wrap the strips around the wreath. Pin the Deco Mesh in place.
2. Cut the following pieces of Deco Mesh:
- 20, 9” lengths of red Deco Mesh
- 10, 9” lengths of blue Deco Mesh
- 10, 9” lengths of white Deco Mesh
3. Roll up a strip of red Deco Mesh, forming a tube. Pinch the tube in the center, and pin it to the wreath with a floral pin. Continue making tubes and pinning them to the wreath till you’ve covered about 2/3 – ¾ of the wreath.
4. Repeat, rolling and pinning the blue Deco Mesh strips to cover the rest of the wreath.
5. Fill in bare areas with the rolls of white Deco Mesh.
6. Cut seven, 9” lengths of silver ribbon. Pin them at random around the wreath.
7. Pin and glue a ribbon loop to the back for a hanger.
It just so happens that FloraCraft, a fabricator for STYROFOAM Brand Foam, also makes Deco Mesh. I asked if they would provide a prize package to make this wreath, and they said “yes”! If you’d like to win 6″ rolls of Deco Mesh in red, white and blue; a package of floral pins; and a 12″ wreath of STYROFOAM Brand Foam, then leave a comment below telling me about your summer crafting plans. What do you hope to make in the coming months?
Please leave your comment by next Thursday, May 29, and I’ll announce the winner on Friday, May 30. I can’t wait to hear what you’re going to be making.
**Please note that this giveaway is closed.**
Enjoy the long, holiday weekend and happy crafting.