I was holding out on you yesterday when I posted my roundup of 12, moss inspired crafts and home accents. I had a few more moss crafts to share, and then I decided that they would make beautiful, DIY Mother’s Day gifts instead. So, today I’m featuring three pretty and mossy, DIY floral designs you can make for Mother’s Day. First up is the Purple Posy Package. (And by all means, use flowers in your mom’s favorite color.)
- STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam: 4” ball and 5” cube
- Ranunculus, 26 stems (Diane used a purple/lavender combo)
- Reindeer moss in dark green
- Wired ribbon in lavender, 1-1/2″ x 2 yds.
- Low-temp glue gun
- Tools needed: Scissors; wood skewers, two; floral shears; floral pins; serrated knife; old candle or bar of soap; ruler
To make a Purple Posy Package:
1. Wax the blade of the serrated knife with a candle stub or bar of soap. Cut the 4” ball in half. You’ll use just one half, so save the second half for another project.
2. Break the wood skewers in half. Glue one half-ball onto the top of the foam cube, and insert the wood picks between the pieces for additional hold.
3. Glue moss all around the sides of the cube, covering the sides completely. Trim any shaggy ends. Let the glue dry.
4. Cut two, 18″ ribbon lengths and wrap around the bottom and opposite sides of moss-covered cube, securing the ends at the center top with floral pins.
5. Trim flower stems to 2″ long. Apply glue to the ends of the stems and insert them into the half-ball.
6. Cut 18, 2″ ribbon lengths and twist into loops. Glue loops to the half-ball, in-between the flowers.
I have two more moss-inspired crafts that your mom, or someone else (maybe you?) will love. They’re both really pretty, and would be lovely at a bridal shower or wedding, too.
Be sure to check out yesterday’s moss-inspired round up, too.
And now, the winner of one dozen, 4” balls of STYROFOAM Brand Foam is . . . Lynn Jackson, you’ve won this week’s giveaway! Congratulations! Please contact me to arrange for shipping. Thank you.