This week’s April showers put me in a frame of mind to share crafts and home décor accents made with moss. I love a cool, green, lush carpet of moss, which is probably why I also love moss crafts. They’re so soothing! I’ll start with a super-easy tutorial to make Moss Balls, and then I’ve linked up 12 more craft and home décor accents made with moss. (And holy smokes, I’m “Pinner of the Week” – I’ll tell you more ‘bout that in a minute!)
DIY Moss Balls
To make Moss Balls, you’ll need:
- STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam: one 6” and two 5” balls
- Green sheet moss, two large bags
- Spray adhesive (be sure the label says it’s safe for foam)
- Optional: Low-temp glue gun
- Tools needed: Old newspaper; rubber gloves
To make Moss Balls:
1. Cover your work surface with old newspapers, and work outside, if possible. Put on gloves.
2. Spray a ball of STYROFOAM Brand Foam and the back of one moss sheet with adhesive. Wrap moss around ball, holding it flat against surface until secure. Apply more adhesive as needed. Optional: If you prefer, you can also attach the moss with low-temp glue.
And that’s it. If you also love the look of moss, here are 12 more moss-inspired crafts and home décor accents.
If you’d like to get a head start on making a few Moss Balls, don’t miss the giveaway for one dozen, 4” balls of STYROFOAM Brand Foam. Today is the last day to enter.
And what’s this about Pinner of the Week? I’ve been linking up over at the weekly party on Pin-n-Tell, and this week, Jen and Dawn selected ME to be the featured Pinner of the Week! Wow! I hope you’ll go visit Jen and Dawn over at Pin-n-Tell, and maybe link up some of your crafts, too. And then click on over and check out my boards on Pinterest. Thank you!