Is it too soon to start planning Easter dinner? I know I’m already mulling over dessert, as that’s what I usually bring to Easter dinner. I might also think about whipping up these pretty, DIY spring centerpiece and candle cubes, too. Colorful scrapbook papers cover the cubes of STYROFOAM Brand Foam, and then you add moss and silk flowers. Easy! And, easy to adapt to your own style. Many thanks to Diane Flowers for sharing the Spring Candle Cubes and Spring Centerpiece with us.
To make the Spring Candle Cubes & Spring Centerpiece, you’ll need:
- STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam: 5” cube (centerpiece); and two, 3” cubes (for the candles)
- Scrapbook papers, at least five different patterns
- Silk wax flowers in light and dark pink
- Silk gerbera daisies, three dark pink
- Reindeer moss in light green
- Taper candle cup holders, two*
- Taper candles, two, in coordinating color
- Paper adhesive
- Low-temp glue
- Tools needed: Scissors; ruler; pencil; sharp knife; stem cutters
*Note: Please be sure to use the candle cups, and do not insert your candles directly into the foam cube.
To make the Spring Candle Cubes & Spring Centerpiece:
1. Trace one side of each cube onto five different papers. Cut out each square and glue to the sides and bottom of each cube using a paper adhesive.
2. With the sharp knife, carefully cut a hole in the tops of the 3” cubes for the candle cups. Insert the candle cups and glue them in place.
3. Glue moss to the tops of all three cubes, covering the foam.
4. Arrange and insert the three gerbera daisies into the 5” centerpiece cube. Arrange and insert the wax flowers into the candle cubes and the centerpiece cube.
5. Add candles, and enjoy!
I’m not the only one already making plans for Easter dinner, am I? Are you thinking about your menu, too?