Three beautiful, Christmas mantels with lots of DIY holiday decorating ideas

I’m sharing three different Christmas mantels today, all decked out with holiday cheer. Whether you’re looking for lux & lavish, or sweet & simple, you’ll like these easy holiday decorating ideas. After all, easy Christmas decorating ideas are always welcome this time of year, yes? I’m kind of excited about the first mantel because it kicks off a new feature on Crafts ‘n Coffee. Over the next week, I’ll post the tutorials to make all of the projects shown in this Red & White, Peppermint Stripe Christmas Mantel. Red & white Christmas decorations are my favorite!

I love red & white for Christmas! And this is an adorable, Red & White, Peppermint Stripe Christmas Mantel. CraftsnCoffee.

Don’t miss this new series on Crafts ‘n Coffee! Over the next week, I’ll share tutorials to make all of these red & white Christmas crafts.

These warm and cozy Yarn Topiaries and Felt Wreaths in bright colors are especially appreciated when it’s a winter wonderland outside. These are super easy to make, and don’t you love the string art accents? I think you could make these a family project, and the kids would have a blast stringing the designs onto the wreaths and cones. Designer Dondi Richardson shares the easy tutorials for these projects over at Make It Fun: Crafts.

Such a cozy Christmas mantel. The Yarn Cones and Felt Wreaths are easy enough. Love the string art accents, too.

Dondi Richardson created this cozy and traditional Christmas mantel.

I like the frames around these wreaths, and the string art details, too.

Hang an empty frame around your wreaths to create a stylish focal point.

The extra details add a lot of style to these Christmas Yarn Trees.

Don’t you love the details Dondi added to her Yarn Trees?

How about this amazing Rustic-Luxe Holiday Mantel from Amy at Positively Splendid? I had the pleasure of meeting Amy at the 2013 CHA Show, and she is just delightful. I was not surprised that she was one of five bloggers chosen by HGTV and Jo-Ann Stores to participate in a holiday mantel decorating contest. Amy’s mantel won, and it will be featured in this year’s HGTV Holiday House. What an honor!

The winning mantel in HGTV's Holiday Home competition. Beautifully designed by Amy @Positively Splending.

Amy’s mantel is a stunning contrast in colors, textures and elegant versus rustic.

Amy describes her mantel far better than I can: “Modern, traditional and homespun elements all coalesce in my rustic holiday mantel design, which represents a fresh take on a mainstay of holiday decorating. By juxtaposing numerous textures and mediums, this mantel display imparts a luxe yet masculine feel to holiday décor.” Congratulations on winning the Christmas mantel challenge, Amy.

I hope you’ve found a new idea here that you just have to add to your own holiday decorating plans. Which mantel is your favorite?

For those who love red & white for Christmas, don't miss this series on CraftsnCoffee.com.

I’ll see you tomorrow for the first project in the series Red & White, Peppermint Stripe Christmas Mantel.

This entry was posted in Christmas Crafts, Christmas Topiaries, Christmas Wreaths, Home Decor, Wintertime Crafts and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to Three beautiful, Christmas mantels with lots of DIY holiday decorating ideas

1. roylcoblog says:

Adore the blend of colors and textures; what a great vision in each of these photographs!

2. ColleenB. says:

All the mantels are stunning and the decorators all done a wonderful job and as much as I adore the red and white peppermint along with those adorable snowball mittens, But (you just knew there would be a but in there now didn’t you :} ) I gotta go with the rustic look and go with Amy’s mantel.
    I absolutely love everything about it and that décor would really go well with my Christmas tree that has nothing but birds and lights on it which I sit out on our enclosed porch. I love her fringed trees as well. Only thing I am missing is a set of horns. Never been able to find any. I would like to go someplace around here and pick up a set that is on the ground but haven’t had that opportunity
    Looking forward to your tutorial.
    Enjoy your day
    ColleenB.
    Texas

Wow, can you really find horns on the ground where you live? Would they be from cattle? I know people sometimes find deer antlers here, but not horns. I hope you add a few of Amy’s ideas to your holiday mantel, Colleen. Sharon

• ColleenB. says:

Not enough coffee yet this morning to wake me up, my mistake. I should had said antlers.
        The Texas Longhorns don’t lose their horns, they just keep on growing till they die

Well, thank you for the lesson on Texas Longhorns — I bet those horns get pretty big (and scary!). Enjoy that cup of coffee, Colleen. Sharon

3. Debbie Kaste says:

Cute ideas! I love the red and white. So eye appealing. Thanks much for the inspiration. Makes me want to put up my tree NOW:)

4. I love those mittens! Too cute!

Those are great. Just wish I had a fireplace mantel. I will have to see what I can come up with to put something like these on. 🙂

6. I love the peppermint! You had me at mittens ; )

7. wilma says:

Wow.. it’s difficult to rank favorites ! I like the “coolness” of
    Amy’s rustic , a combo of hawaiian hula and New york. I like Dondi’s
    yarn trees as I can see myself making it. And the Red and white jumps
    out as the color pops, and definitely, functional and reusable ( into
    my mouth !). So there, I can make them all, and rotate them for the holidays !!

8. Sar Tann says:

Sigh.. I wish I has a mantel. These are cool. I really like the wreaths with the thread, a person could get really creative with that technique. Thank you for sharing .:)

I agree — there’s a lot you can do with the string art embellishments. Different colors, designs, etc., and I really love that all ages can create the string art, too. How about a shelf — do you have a shelf or ledge you can decorate? I see that a lot out in the blogosphere. Thanks for stopping in today. Sharon