I’m “popping” in today to introduce you to Popcorn Pete! Artist Laura Kelly invited me to participate in the Halloween Movie Popcorn Box Blog Hop (do you remember Laura’s I Love the USA blog hop earlier this year?). After I said “yes”, I thought “what was I thinking? What am I going to do with a popcorn box?” But it’s Halloween and of course, my popcorn box became a costume. Or, maybe Pete is lurking in the bottom of your popcorn box, waiting to pop up and surprise you . . .
You won’t want to miss the many clever ways in which the other designers transformed their popcorn boxes. And there’s a giveaway for a $100 Disney gift card! And speaking of giveaways, I’m announcing the winner of our Deco Mesh giveaway, too. So, read on!
I’ll share a few details about making Popcorn Pete. I don’t have a step-by-step tutorial, but if you have questions, let me know.
- Feet: A 4” egg of STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam, cut in half and painted black.
- Legs: Two pencils painted red (I didn’t have a wood dowel handy and the pencils worked out fine).
- Body: I trimmed an 8” cone to fit the popcorn box, and glued it to the bottom. I used a knife tip to make holes in the bottom of the box to insert the pencil legs.
- Head: A 5” ball with hair made from a garland of popcorn and two purple wiggle eyes. (My daughter thinks he’s having one big, bad hair day.)
- Arms: Made from a length of wire.
- Garland: I layered a few colors of scrapbook paper, cut out the letters “B, O, O” and used my orange, Laura Kelly buttons in the middle of the O’s.
Thank you, Laura, for arranging another fun blog hop! Be sure to check out the other blogs — you won’t believe the many creative transformations undertaken by these humble popcorn boxes.
If you’d like a chance to win the $100 Disney Gift Card, then head on over to the Rafflecopter giveaway.
I also want to thank all of you for your enthusiasm for the Halloween Pouf, Deco Mesh Topiary and the latest giveaway on Crafts ‘n Coffee! Wow, you all love Deco Mesh! The winner today of three rolls of Deco Mesh (purple, orange and green) and two, 4” balls is #21 Yolanda! Congratulations, Yolanda! Please contact me so I can arrange for your prize.
Here’s some good news to start your week — FloraCraft has agreed to another Deco Mesh giveaway! So, if you didn’t win today, you’ll have another opportunity. Look for a new Deco Mesh craft and giveaway later this week.
Thanks for checking out Popcorn Pete today. I’m wondering what’s the craziest thing you’ve ever crafted?