Here’s the sweetest Ice Cream Cone Garland you can DIY

It’s a beautiful, summer Saturday here and I hope it is where you are, too. I’m usually not here on a Saturday, but I just saw this adorable Ice Cream Cone Garland online last night and I really wanted to share it. I know I’m in the middle of my crafty “Christmas in July” series, but it’s always a good time for ice cream, right? Thank you, PB Kids, for sharing the tutorial for this Ice Cream Cone Garland made with yarn balls.

Make this sweet Ice Cream Cone Garland with yarn and balls of Styrofoam brand foam.

DIY this Ice Cream Cone Garland with the tutorial from PB Kids.

What a fun way to use up leftover yarn. Get the kids in on this one, and they can wrap the balls of STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam with yarn. If you’re worried that the cones may not last, or could attract bugs, try substituting “sugar cones” that you make by rolling paper into a cone shape.

Sneak peek of Christmas in July on Crafts 'n CoffeeEnjoy the weekend and I’ll see you on Tuesday for more “Christmas in July.” Here’s a sneak peek – any guesses what this project will be?

This entry was posted in Entertaining, Home Decor, Kid's Crafts, Summer Crafts and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Here’s the sweetest Ice Cream Cone Garland you can DIY

1. Home Seasons says:

These are so fun! They’d be great for a summer ice cream party 🙂

What a cute design for a summer decoration. It’s simple and cute just my style 🙂

3. ColleenB. says:

They are adorable.
    Preserving the cones:
    Paint the inside; let dry completely then paint the outside of the cone with varnish and let dry thoroughly.
    It is important that your cone is completely coated to keep out bugs and preserve the cone for years.
    Note: If you paint both the inside and outside of the cone at the same time, the cone will become soft and may loose it’s shape.

4. LisaM says:

that is cute. I think my neighbors cats would have a hay day with it.

5. Virginia says:

or you could modge podge the cones ,they are adorable!

That’s a great point, Virginia. Thank you! You could seal the cones and that would help preserve them and keep out the bugs. Happy crafting! Sharon