Happy Wednesday! I don’t want you to miss today’s installment in the I Love the USA blog hop, so below are the bloggers sharing their patriotic crafts today. And, thank you to designer Eileen Hull who pointed out that Flag Day is Friday, June 14th. This is the perfect week for a patriotic craft extravaganza!
- We’ll start with Eileen, the proud wife and mamma of a military family. She’s hosting a Flag Day luncheon on Friday, and she’ll display her Patriotic Wreath for the occasion. She’s also made an incredible Shadowbox from Laura Kelly’s America The Beautiful fabric, and it’s bursting with color and kids. She shares it all on her blog Thoughts from My Studio.
- Over at It’s Sew Lorine, designer Lorine Mason shares her Patriotic Apron. The beautifully embroidered clothesline is a must-see!
- Melony Bradley of Mel’s Designs made a Patriotic Centerpiece from a repurposed wine bottle. You could create these summertime centerpieces from an assortment of repurposed bottles.
- Cathie & Steve at Handmade Happy Hour created a sweet, July 4th Ensemble for the best-dressed baby. Check out this embellished onesie, flower headband, and decorated wipes container.
- Lisa Levey decided that the stripes in Laura Kelly’s fabric were perfectly suited for a nine-square patchwork pillow, and she’s right. You’ll see her Red, White and Blue Peep Pillow on Laura Kelly Designs.
- If you’re a fan of mason jar crafts (and who’s not?), don’t miss Laura Kelly’s Patriotic Snack Jars. They’re packed with colorful goodies and topped off with her festive America The Beautiful fabric.
The I Love the USA blog hop inspired me to design a mini series of flag crafts this week. Yesterday, I featured my Vintage Ruffled Flag, and tomorrow, I’ll share my DIY Duct Tape Flag. Yep, a flag made from duct tape – easy and fun!
See you tomorrow!
Happy red, white & blue crafting,