I hope you’ll join me for a star-spangled week on Crafts ‘n Coffee as we celebrate patriotic crafts, décor, and wearables. Today is the first day in the I Love the USA blog hop, featuring the America The Beautiful fabric designed by Laura Kelly and available in Jo-Ann Stores (psst – it’s on sale right now!). I’m going to share a mini series of flag crafts, too, and here’s a sneak peek.
In the meantime, I hope you’ll start hopping around to see what’s up for the I Love the USA blog hop this week.
Sharing their patriotic crafts today are:
- Fabric designer Laura Kelly made a cute, stuffed car from her fabric. It’s her first time behind the wheel of a sewing machine and I think she did a great job!
- Jen Goode will show you how to upcycle old jeans into a festive denim skirt on 100 Directions.
- I’d like to take one of Kelly’s adorable tote bags to the July 4th parade. She shows you how to make them at Live, Laugh, Rowe.
- This one is just precious – Kerry from Kid Giddy stitched up baby bloomers, sandals, and a flowered headband, all modeled by the sweetest, newborn baby.
- Jen from Tatertots & Jello decorated her front door with a series of pretty paper and fabric medallions. It’s so welcoming!
- I love the red button star Allie made for her Country Chic Flag, and the burlap stripe, too. You can see her banner on Buttons Galore.
- Who doesn’t love an easy, upcycled craft? Lisa will show you how she turned an empty box and a Pringles can into useful storage containers that are really pretty, too. Lisa’s over at Me and My Peeps.
I’ll see you tomorrow with my Vintage Ruffled Flag, and the latest crafts from the I Love the USA hop.
Happy red, white and blue crafting!