I was so inspired by Patty’s July 4th Wrap & Roll Patriotic Bandana Wreath that I made my own July 4th Bandana Wreath. I followed Patty’s instructions and changed it up just a bit. Start to finish, I made my Stars & Stripes Patriotic Bandana Wreath in under an hour. In fact, it took longer to photograph, write and build this post than it took to make my July 4th Bandana Wreath. I’m announcing a giveaway today, too, so read on. (Please note: This giveaway is closed!)
To make the Stars & Stripes Patriotic Wreath you’ll need:
- STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam: 12” x 2” wreath
- Craft bandanas, one each red, white & blue
- Straight pins
- Star buttons, eight in red & white
- Optional: Glittered star ornament
- Low-temp glue gun & glue sticks
- Tools needed: Scissors; iron; optional: cutting mat & rotary cutter
To make the Stars & Stripes Patriotic Wreath:
1. Iron the bandanas to remove the wrinkles. Trim off hemmed edges.
2. Cut the bandanas into 1-1/4″ wide strips as follows:
- Blue: 4 – 5 strips
- Red: 8 strips
- White: 7, 8” long strips
(Note: I used my rotary cutter & cutting mat when cutting the bandanas. Patty preferred tearing her strips. You can use whichever method you like.)
3. Pin the end of one red bandana strip to the back of the wreath, and wrap it around the wreath. Pin the other end to the back of the wreath, and trim away any excess fabric. Continue pinning and wrapping the red strips until you’ve covered about 3/4 of the wreath.
4. Wrap the remaining wreath in blue bandana strips.
5. Add the white stripes. Pin and wrap a white bandana strip on each side where the red and blue fields meet. Repeat with the remaining five white strips, spacing them evenly around the red field.
6. Glue star buttons onto the blue field.
7. Glue and pin a 10” red bandana strip to the back side and use as a hanger.
8. Optional: Pin and glue a glittered star to the center of the wreath.
I hope you’ve been inspired by Patty’s bandana crafts. I’d like to share Patty’s beautiful designs with you. For your chance to win Patty’s Fringed Bandana Wreath, Fringed Bandana Topiaries, or Wrap & Roll Patriotic Wreath, leave a comment below and tell me about your plans for July 4th. I’ll draw three names after midnight on July 3rd, and I’ll announce the winners on Wednesday, July 4th.
**Please Note: This Giveaway is Closed.**
P.S. You can see more of Patty’s pretty and oftentimes whimsical designs on her blog Capture the Details. She also sells sweet paper creations in her etsy shop at P.S. It’s in the Details. It’s definitely worth a look!