Thanks for stopping in today to take a
peep peek at our Easter peeps craft – a Marshmallow Peeps Topiary. I featured this Peeps topiary last year, but we have so many new readers, I thought I would share it again. (Plus, last month it was one of the top five crafts at Fun Family Crafts, so it’s an easy Easter craft for kids, too.) It’s a fun, last-minute Easter craft, and the hardest part will be deciding whether to use chicks, bunnies – or maybe both, to make your Marshmallow Peeps Topiary.
Because this post is packed with Peeps, I’m also sharing my visit to the Peeps & Company Store, and I have a Peeps! book giveaway. And of course, I’ll announce the winners of last week’s Most Eggsellent Prize Package and the book Steampunk Chic, too. Whew, that’s a lot to cover, so let’s move on!
To make a Marshmallow Peeps Easter Bunny Topiary, you’ll need:
- STYROFOAM Brand Foam: 9” x 5” cone
- Peeps Bunnies: 20 – 22 blue; 18 purple; 10 green; and 2 yellow
- Low temp glue gun (closely supervise the glue gun if the kids are helping out!)
To make a Marshmallow Peeps Easter Bunny Topiary:
1. Glue bunnies around the cone in rows, starting at the bottom. Continue working up and around the cone till it’s covered.
2. Glue two bunnies to the top of the cone.
3. That’s it!
NOTE: If you want to eat your Peeps, use toothpicks instead of glue to attach the Peeps to the cone. Insert the toothpick into the bottom or back of a Peep, and then insert the other end of the toothpick into the foam cone.
Last week, I found myself in the vicinity of a Peeps & Company Store, and of course, I had to visit. There are only three Peeps & Company Stores in the U.S. – one in Bethlehem, PA, where Just Born, maker of Peeps, is located; one in Minneapolis, MN; and one in National Harbor in Maryland, right outside of D.C. In the store, Peeps share the shelves with Mike & Ikes and Hot Tamales.
Hello, sugar buzz!
The store is packed with everything wearable, from t-shirts and socks, to backpacks and caps. (I may or may not have purchased a pair of Peeps socks . . .) Stuffed Peeps; Peeps mousepads, mugs & magnets; pens & notebooks; even Peeps golf club covers, are all there.
At the store, I picked up this cute little book, simply titled Peeps!, for today’s giveaway. It’s packed with recipes and crafts made with – Peeps! While you might associate Peeps with Easter, this book has ideas for year-round, like a Peeps Holiday Wreath. To win this book and one of our craft aprons, leave a comment below about your favorite Easter candy. I’ll select a winner from the comments after midnight on Sunday, April 8.
**PLEASE NOTE: This giveaway is closed.**
And finally, our winners from last week’s giveaways:
- Kathy Jones wins the autographed book Steampunk Chic, along with a craft apron.
- Geri Johnson is the winner of our Most Eggsellent Prize Package.
- Surprise giveaways: I had so much fun reading all of your comments last week, and I also want to welcome our many new Facebook fans, so I drew two more names: Karen Pelphrey Turner and Anne Haun. Karen & Anne each win a craft apron and a 3-pack of Via coffee.
Please peep up and contact me, Kathy, Geri, Karen and Anne, so I can arrange to send out your packages. (If I don’t hear from you in the next 72 hours, I will have to pick a new name.)
I’m so glad you’re all here at Crafts ‘n Coffee! See you on Friday.
**PLEASE NOTE: This giveaway is closed**