Have you seen or used Washi Tape, a colorful, patterned tape? It’s super-easy to use – with just a few strips, you can decorate all sorts of surfaces, from greeting cards to glassware to – STYROFOAM Easter eggs! Today’s Easter Eggstravaganza craft is a tutorial to make Washi Tape Easter Eggs. I’m also sharing two extra special, DIY Easter cards. (And, today is your last day to enter to win our Most Eggsellent Prize Package.)
To make a Washi Tape Easter Egg, you’ll need:
- STYROFOAM Brand Foam: 4” egg
- Washi Tape
- Mod Podge, matte finish
- Tools needed: Sharp pencil; rubber band; scissors; wooden skewer; paintbrush or foam brush
To make a Washi Tape Easter Egg:
1. Using a sharp pencil, lightly score your design lines on the foam egg. To help you place horizontal or vertical stripes, wrap a rubber band around the egg first, and then draw your line next to the rubber band. Refer to the photo to create stripes and spirals, or make your own designs.
2. Gently rub the egg in your hands to remove any loose crumbs. Wrap pieces of Washi Tape around the foam egg, following the scored lines. Firmly smooth down the tape as you go to ensure a secure bond.
3. When the egg is covered, insert a wooden skewer into the bottom of the egg. Brush on a generous coat of Mod Podge. Let dry.
Raise your hand if you make or receive handmade greeting cards. There’s something extra special about a handmade card. The two cards I’m sharing today have an added dimension that makes them even more special – a decoupaged half egg is on the front. You’ll find the instructions for the Bright & Happy Easter Card and Elegant Easter Greetings on StyrofoamCrafts.com.
It’s the last day of Easter Eggstravaganza Week, and at midnight tonight, I’m drawing the winner of our Most Eggsellent Prize Package. Make sure your name is in the hopper by reading through this week’s tutorials and answering the question I ask each day. Every answer is one more entry in our giveaway.
For an additional entry, “Like” us on Facebook. Or if you’re already one of our Facebook fans, share your Easter craft photos on our Facebook page. Each new Facebook “Like” and each new Easter craft photo shared on our Facebook page will count as additional entries.
Here’s what’s in the Most Eggsellent Prize Package:
- One dozen eggs of STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- A beautiful springtime centerpiece
- Craft apron
- Starbucks VIA coffee packets (this is Crafts ‘n Coffee, after all!)
On to today’s question, which is a two-part question. Over the last week, I’ve shared two dozen ways to decorate Easter eggs (phew!). I want to know: 1. Which one is your favorite Easter egg craft: and 2. Do you have plans to make any of the Easter eggs?
Thank you for visiting this week and sharing in our Easter crafting fun!
4/3/12 UPDATE on our winners:
- Geri Johnson is the winner of our Most Eggsellent Prize Package.
- Surprise giveaways: I had so much fun reading all of your comments last week, and I also want to welcome our many new Facebook fans, so I drew two more names: Karen Pelphrey Turner and Anne Haun. Karen & Anne each win a craft apron and a 3-pack of Via coffee.
Please contact me, Geri, Karen and Anne, so I can arrange to send out your packages. (If I don’t hear from you in the next 72 hours, I will have to pick a new name.)
NOTE: This giveaway is now closed.