Do you plan to wear your Sunday best on Easter? These Best Dressed Easter Eggs do because this Easter egg craft is made with girl’s patterned tights. If you have a pair of fancy tights with a hole in them, don’t throw them out – repurpose them to dress up STYROFOAM eggs. If you don’t have a spare pair, you’ll find them at Target and several discount store chains. Because it’s Easter Eggstravaganza Week, I have one more repurposed Easter egg craft to share today, so read on!
To make a Best Dressed Easter Egg, you’ll need:
- STYROFOAM Brand Foam: 5” egg
- Pair of girl’s tights, the more colorful, the better
- Chopstick or wood skewer
- Twist ties
- Thick white craft glue
- Optional: Felt to match tights
- Tools needed: Scissors; straight pins
To make a Best Dressed Easter Egg:
1. Using the chopstick or wood skewer, make a large hole at the top and bottom of the foam egg. Rotate your tool to make the hole at the top wider.
2. Cut the foot off one leg of the tights.
3. Holding the egg in the palm of your hand, pull the tights up and over your hand and arm till the egg is covered. Remove your hand, leaving the egg behind.
4. Wrap a twist tie around the cut end of the tight. Pull the fabric smoothly over the egg and firmly close the other end with a twist tie. Trim each end just beyond the twist ties.
5. Remove the twist ties. Squeeze glue into one end of the egg. Using the chopstick or skewer, firmly push excess tights down and into the hole. If needed, use straight pins to help hold the fabric in place. Let glue dry.
6. Repeat with the other end of the egg, making sure fabric is tight and smooth from one end to the other. Let glue dry.
7. Optional: Decorate egg with felt flowers and leaves.
Here’s another idea for a repurposed Easter egg craft – next time you’re cleaning out closets or going thrifting, put aside a few beautiful silk ties to make Recycled Tie Eggs. Beautiful silk eggs for free or just a few dollars — perfect!
I’m curious, what have you repurposed in your crafts? Tell us about it for a chance to win our Most Eggsellent Prize Package. Be sure to visit every day this week for more Easter Eggstravanganza inspiration, and another opportunity to win our prize package.