Ahhh . . . don’t these eggs make you feel more relaxed? It might be Easter Eggstravaganza Week around here, but really, I think these Spa Eggs can be displayed any time of the year. There are so many ways you could use these eggs: stamp them with names for party favors or placecards; or use different motifs like flowers, hearts, butterflies or wedding bells. The eggs use Crayola Model Magic, so get the kids in on the fun, too. I’m sharing two more Easter egg craft ideas today, so let’s get going!
To make the Soothing Spa Eggs, you’ll need:
- STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam: 3” eggs
- Acrylic craft paints: warm white; pale purple; pale green; pale blue; or your choice of colors
- Faux glazing medium
- Acrylic sealer (optional)
- Air-dry clay, such as Crayola Model Magic: 16-oz. package in white (16 oz. will cover four, 3” eggs)
- Alphabet stamps, or other stamps in your choice of design
- Tools needed: Medium flat paintbrush; disposable palette; small plastic bowl and spoon; water basin; paper towels; clay roller or rolling pin (optional)
To make the Soothing Spa Eggs:
2. Roll out clay using a clay roller or other tool, such as a rolling pin. Wrap thin layer of clay around the foam egg.
4. Paint eggs green, purple, and blue; let dry.
5. Mix equal parts warm white paint and glazing medium in small bowl; use crumpled paper towel to rub glaze mixture lightly over stamped eggs. Let dry.
6. If desired, apply acrylic sealer to painted surfaces.
I’m curious – how would you decorate and use your Spa Eggs? Tell me for your chance to win our Most Eggsellent Prize Package.