What’s on tap for your weekend? If you’re looking for a couple of cute Halloween crafts for your kids or grandkids, we have five fun craft ideas for you. Today’s lineup of easy Halloween crafts for kids includes mummies, puppets, ghosts, pumpkins and even a handful of little black cats. We share the tutorial for the Mummy Mania Family below, and you’ll find instructions for the other projects on StyrofoamCrafts.com.
To make a Mummy Mania Family, you’ll need:
- STYROFOAM Brand Foam: 2”, 2-1/2”, and 4” balls (or other sizes of your choice)
- Chenille stems, black
- Wiggle eyes
- Thick white craft glue, OR low-temp glue gun & glue sticks
- Tools: Scissors, straight pins, wire nippers
To make a Mummy Mania Family:
(NOTE: If crafting with children, we recommend using a thick, white craft glue. Children should never operate a glue gun unassisted.)
1. Glue two wiggle eyes to each ball; let dry.
2. Cut cheesecloth into 1-1/2” wide strips. Glue one end of a strip to the 4” ball and begin wrapping; if needed, use straight pins to help hold fabric strip in place till glue dries. As you wrap the ball, leave the wiggle eyes uncovered. When done wrapping, glue other end to the ball. Repeat with a second strip, if needed.
3. Repeat with 2” and 2-1/2” balls.
4. Cut chenille stems to form mouths and stitches; have an adult cut chenille stems with wire nippers. Shape chenille stems and insert ends into foam balls. If the chenille stems won’t easily push through the cheesecloth, make a hole with a sharp pencil first.
For more Halloween fun, click on the photos below for the project instructions.
This weekend, I’m going to finish up my next project for the Sizzix Fresh Vintage Blog Hop. I had hoped to wrap it up a while ago, but I wasn’t happy with how it was turning out. So, I’m going to rework it and you can tell me what you think of it on Tuesday, October 18. What are you creating this weekend?