Kids + pets = blissful best friends. Today’s Summer Craft Boredom Buster, the Perfect Pet Photo Cube, is like a dimensional scrapbook celebrating the family pet. Kids will love decorating the cube of STYROFOAM Brand Foam with favorite (and funny) pet photos and other embellishments. You probably have most materials already on hand, and it’s a great way to use up leftover scraps from your stash, too.
We have a really fun giveway today, too – a Perfect Pet Photo Cube craft kit for two! Whether your pet is a four-legged furry friend, or a colorful clown fish, your kids will have a lot of fun with our prize package. Or, if you don’t have a pet, kids can make a photo cube all about their favorite animals, like dolphins, penguins, or frogs. The prize package includes:
- Two 5” cubes of STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- Two bottles of Aleene’s Tacky Glue
- A 12” x 12” pad of pet themed scrapbook paper from Recollections
- An assortment of 10+ packs of animal stickers
To enter our Perfect Pet Photo Cube giveaway, leave a comment below and tell us about your favorite pet. Or, post a photo of your pet on our Facebook page.
Here’s what you need to make the Perfect Pet Photo Cube:
- STYROFOAM Brand Foam: 5″ cube
- Scrapbook papers, assorted
- Stickers, assorted
- Tools: ruler; scissors; pencil; 1″ putty knife or similar tool; thick white craft glue; paper punches (optional)
To make the Perfect Pet Photo Cube:
1. Cut two strips of scrapbook paper measuring 5″ x 11″. Test-fold the paper around the cube to fit.
2. Remove the paper and refold the corner edges again for a crisp edge.
3. Spread a thin layer of glue onto the sides of the cube using a small putty knife. Place paper on the cube and smooth it with your fingertips. Spread a bit of glue on to the two edges that overlap.
4. Cover the top of the cube with a 5″ x 5″ square of scrapbook paper. Trim excess paper along the edges.
5. Cut out photos of your favorite pet. Cut photo mats from scrapbook papers and adhere photos to the mats. Glue matted photos and other decorative embellishments to the paper-covered cube. Refer to project photo for inspiration.
6. Write titles and journaling longhand or on the computer. Cut out and glue to cube.
It was just a year ago that we adopted our little guy JoJo from an animal shelter. JoJo is the first small dog I’ve had, and he’s been 15 pounds of fun! I hope you’ll leave a comment below and tell us about your family pet. Or, post a photo of your pet on our Facebook page. And, maybe you’ll win this week’s Perfect Pet Photo Cube prize package. We’ll select the winner at the end of the day next Tuesday, July 19.