They’re fast and easy to change up, too – switch around the flowers and the colors to match your mood. If you change out the flowers, the basic instructions will remain the same; only the number of flowers required will change, based on the size and type you use.
Here’s what you need to make the Ranunculus Pomander:
- STYROFOAM Brand Foam: 4” ball
- Tools: floral shears, low temp glue gun & glue sticks
1. Trim the flower stems to approximately 2” and insert stems into the ball of STYROFOAM brand foam.
Here’s what you need to make the Ranunculus Topiary:
- STYROFOAM Brand Foam: 12” cone
- 60 silk ranunculus in shades of cream, green, lavender & purple
- Tools: floral shears, floral pins, low temp glue gun & glue sticks
To make the topiary:
2. Starting at the bottom and working up, insert the stems into the cone of STYROFOAM brand foam. If needed, remove stems, add a dab of glue, and reinsert stems into the cone.
3. Alternate colors and continue till cone is completely covered.
4. Display “as is” or place on a decorative pot.
Do you make flower crafts? I’m talking with designer and artist Diane Flowers about creating new floral designs, and I’d love to know what you would like to see. Are you looking for new ideas for wreaths? Centerpieces? Topiaries? Do you have favorite flowers? Leave a comment below and let me know how we can inspire your flower crafts.