If a DIY wedding or bridal shower is in your plans, how about crafting this Diamond Ring Centerpiece? Silver glitter makes this stunning ring sparkle, and it rests on a pedestal made from a cube of STYROFOAM Brand Foam and pretty scrapbook papers. Creamy ranunculus surround the ring, and you can easily change up the flowers to match the colors of the wedding party. The combination of glitter, scrapbook papers, silk flowers and STYROFOAM Brand Foam comes together quickly, and you can make this Diamond Ring Centerpiece in just an hour or two.
Here’s what you need:
- STYROFOAM Brand Foam: 3″ x 2″ cone; 5” cube; 6” x 1-1/4” wreath
- Wedding-theme 12″ x 12″ decorative paper
- Small cream ranunculus, 17
- Silver glitter
- Tools: Serrated knife; candle stub or soap; toothpicks; pencil; ruler; scissors; floral shears; floral pins; low-temp glue gun and glue sticks; thick, white craft glue; paper glue; waxed paper; large cardboard box or newspaper
To make your Diamond Ring:
- Wax serrated knife with candle stub or soap. Cut bottom 1/2″ from tip of foam cone to create flat base. Insert several toothpicks into cut end of cone. Insert other end of toothpicks into wreath ring, and use glue gun to glue cone to wreath ring. Let dry.
- Cover one side of wedding ring with white glue. Hold over cardboard box or newspaper and sprinkle with glitter till covered. Place on waxed paper to dry. When dry, gently tap off excess glitter to reuse.
- Repeat Step 2 till each side is covered.
- Trace four sides of foam cube onto back of decorative paper; cut out and adhere to cube with paper glue. Let dry.
- Secure wedding ring to top of cube with floral pins and glue gun.
- Using floral shears, trim flower stems to 2″ and insert into top of cube around base of ring. When pleased with arrangement, remove stems one by one and hot glue into holes.
For a DIY wedding or other special occasions, be sure to check out StyrofoamCrafts.com for more inspiration. And that’s it till next week.