Today’s Halloween Candy Corn Craft is the easiest one yet. When I sat down to make these Glittered, Candy Corn Cones, I asked “how is it that I’ve never made these before?” I thought last year’s Glittered Candy Corn were easy, and oh my, these Glittered Candy Corn Cones are even easier. I have the tutorial below so you can DIY your own Glittered Candy Corn Cones, but I bet you can figure it just by looking at the photos.
To make Glittered Candy Corn Cones, you’ll need:
- STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam:
- Cones in assorted sizes; I used 6”, 9” and 12” cones
- Cube, 6”, or other size large enough to hold the candy corn upright
- Acrylic craft paint in white, orange, yellow and brown (I prefer Apple Barrel paint from Plaid. It’s inexpensive and offers excellent coverage.)
- Crystal glitter
- Tools needed: Wooden chopstick or skewer; stiff paintbrush; newspaper or box lid
To make Glittered Candy Corn Cones:
- Insert a chopstick or skewer into the bottom of the foam cone. You’ll use this as a handle while you paint.
- Paint your cone in the colors of candy corn. I started at the top, and worked my way down.
- While the paint is still wet, sprinkle generously with crystal glitter. Work over old newspaper or a box lid so that cleanup is easier and you can pour the unused glitter back into the container.
- Insert the chopstick or skewer into the foam cube to hold the candy upright while the paint dries.
Last year’s Glittered Candy Corn require just one extra step — cutting the triangular shape from a 1” thick sheet of STYROFOAM Brand Foam. Because they are flat, you can use the candy corn in different ways, like the Glittered Candy Corn Wreath or the Glittered Candy Corn Garland.
Designer Patty Schaffer joins Candy Corn Crafts Week tomorrow with one of her sweet designs. In the meantime, remember that I’m giving away five copies of the magazine Halloween Tricks & Treats with Patty’s Candy Corn Wreath.
For your chance to win a copy, visit Crafts ‘n Coffee every day during Candy Corn Crafts Week and leave a comment. I’ll choose at random five names from those who left daily comments on Monday, September 28, and announce the winners on Tuesday, September 29. You have till midnight on Sunday, September 27, to leave your comments.
Happy Candy Corn Crafting.