I often say it’s all about the inspiration. We craft and create because we’re inspired. We see something we like, our creativity flows, our hands move and voilà, we’ve created something beautiful. In my mind, September starts the most inspiring time of the year, and the biggest, craftiest season is right ahead of us. I have a few announcements today that I hope will inspire you to create, and I hope you’ll inspire me, too. So, today I have a little list of this & that, and don’t miss #7 – The Inspiration Giveaway!
See that new tab by the blue arrow? That’s the new directory for hundreds of tutorials here on Crafts ‘n Coffee! Hooray!
- This is my #730th post on Crafts ‘n Coffee, which means that there are hundreds of craft tutorials here. It was time to bring a little order to this hot mess so you could find your favorite tutorials. This summer, my daughter worked behind the scenes to create the page “Craft and Décor Tutorials”, which lists all of the projects by category. It’s inspiration at your fingertips! Didn’t she do a great job? We’ve planned phase two, which will include a photo for each project, but that will have to be squeezed in between homework.
I made this back-to-school Lollipop Bouquet using Lollipics.
2. A little back-to-school inspiration: To celebrate a new school year, I made a Lollipop Bouquet for my daughter’s robotics team, the Fighting Unicorns. Many thanks to Laura Kelly for creating the custom Lollipics for the team. If you follow Crafts ‘n Coffee, you know I’ve made these Lollipop Trees before. This one was a little different because I used the LolliPics, but it worked out great. I’ll just share a few photos and keep the tutorial brief. These are so easy, I think that’s all you’ll need. (And GO, Fighting Unicorns!)
You’ll need a 6-1/2″ diameter pot, a 6″ ball of STYROFOAM Brand Foam, 18 – 20 Lollipics and tissue paper. Place the foam ball in the pot, and insert the Lollipics. Fill in any open areas with 2″ – 3″ squares of tissue paper. Enjoy!
3. September 1 means it’s also time to change up the look of the blog with our new seasonal photo. This is one of the photos we took during our photo shoot last winter, and I think it’s one of my favorites. The sights and colors of fall offer endless inspiration, don’t you think?
4. Did you know that I changed the name of the Crafts ‘n Coffee Facebook page so that it’s now officially Crafts ‘n Coffee? I started the Facebook page before I started the blog, so the Facebook page was under a different name. Now that the names are the same, it will be easier to find us.
5. For even more inspiration, you can also follow Crafts ‘n Coffee on Pinterest, Instagram, Tumblr and Twitter.
6. With the help of designer Patty Schaffer, I’m planning the annual Candy Corn Crafts Week for later this month. Patty has wrapped up her projects, and now I have to get busy and work on mine!
7. The Inspiration Giveaway: It’s your turn to inspire me, please! Tell me how Crafts ‘n Coffee inspires you. What would you like to see on Crafts ‘n Coffee over the next few months? Are you looking for more ideas for Halloween decorations? Or Christmas ornaments? Gift ideas? Or?? I want to hear from you, so please leave a comment below about how Crafts ‘n Coffee can inspire your holiday crafting. By leaving a comment below, you’ll be entered in The Inspiration Giveaway. See #8 for all of the details.
8. We all need more inspiration – and more cash, for holiday crafting, right? Would 20 craft magazines and project books, along with a $50 craft store gift card, help out? I thought so! This summer, I sorted through HUGE piles of craft books and magazines, and I want to share the inspiration. Many of these titles are older, but they’re still packed with great ideas. A lot of the magazines are one-of-a-kind, too, and no longer published. The winner of The Inspiration Giveaway will receive a box packed full of magazines and books, along with a $50 gift card to the winner’s favorite craft store (choose from Michaels, Jo-Ann Stores or Hobby Lobby).
If you’d like a chance to win The Inspiration Giveaway, leave a comment below telling me how Crafts ‘n Coffee can inspire you this holiday season. Comments close at midnight on Thursday, September 10. I’ll announce the winner on Friday, September 11.
For even more inspiration, don’t forget to poke around the new “Craft & Décor Tutorials” project directory here on Crafts ‘n Coffee!