I have a super-easy idea for you today – Custom Candle Cubes (and how about that alliteration?) This is another project where you can create endless, custom looks depending on the papers you choose. (Remember the Marbled Metallic Wall Art from last week? Gorgeous papers were again the secret ingredient.) The 5” cubes are the perfect size for chunky candles, but they’re also fun displayed all on their own.
To make Custom Candle Cubes, you’ll need:
- STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam: 5” cubes
- Textured paper, two 12” x 2” sheets
- Thick, white craft glue or paper paste
- Tools needed: Scissors or a paper trimmer; Xacto® knife with new blade; pencil; ruler
To make a Custom Candle Cube:
1. For each foam cube, cut six, 5-1/8″ squares from papers. Cubes shown are one solid black, one solid green cube, and one mix-and-match.
2. Apply a thin, even coat of craft glue or paper paste onto one side of a cube. Position a paper square so that it’s flush with one side and the top edge. Smooth down the paper square with your fingers.
3. Carefully trim the excess paper on the side and bottom edges with an Xacto knife. Repeat, till all sides are covered. Let dry completely.
Not a paper crafter? Here’s how you an change it up. I recently shared these Textured Deco Cubes, too. Same setting, completely different look. So, if you’d rather, use twine, buttons and twigs to cover your cubes.
There are so many ways to display these cubes. How would you use them?
P.S. Don’t miss tomorrow’s mysterious giveaway . . .