My Red, White & Blue Bandana Wreath is an easy summertime craft for kids – and adults. Keeping kids in mind, I chose a smaller, 10” wreath form so that you could make this patriotic wreath fairly quickly. Personally, I like that it took just an hour or so to make, but if you have more time, you can always make it bigger. I also used one of my favorite materials for making patriotic crafts—bandanas. Here’s how I made the Easy, Red, White & Blue Bandana Wreath.
- STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam: 10” wreath
- Bandanas, one each red, white and blue
- Ribbon, 1” x 54”
- Thick, white craft glue
- Tools needed: Scissors; iron; wood skewer; straight pins; optional: Rotary cutter and cutting mat
To make an Easy, Red, White & Blue Bandana Wreath:
1. Glue ribbon around the outside and inside edges of the wreath. If needed, pin ribbons in place while the glue dries. (A little back story here – you’ll see that I originally used a striped ribbon around the outside edge, and forgot about the inside edge! Oops. I also decided that I liked a solid blue ribbon better, and switched out the striped ribbon for the blue.)
2. Press bandanas to remove wrinkles.
3. Trim seams from each edge of the bandanas.
4. Cut bandanas into 2” strips, and the strips into 2” squares. I used about eight red strips and four each of the blue and white strips for my wreath.
5. Place a red bandana square on the wreath, and using the blunt end of the skewer, push the center of the fabric square into the wreath.
6. Continue inserting the red bandana squares into the wreath, and add an occasional white bandana square, too. Cover about 2/3 – ¾ of the wreath with the red and white bandana squares.
7. Repeat to cover the remaining portion of the wreath, using blue bandana squares and an occasional white bandana square.
8. To hang, pin and glue a ribbon loop to the back.
If you’re like me, and you like the look of all-American bandanas, here’s another easy, Patriotic Wreath I made.
Designer Patty Schaffer made this Fringed Bandana Wreath.
And, Patty made this Wrap & Roll Patriotic Bandana Wreath.
Have you crafted with bandanas? What did you make?