The coolest DIY Wall Art – ever! (And a winner)

Yesterday, I mentioned that one thing led to another this week, and I’ve saved the best for last. In today’s big reveal, I’m featuring one of my all-time favorite DIY wall art projects – the Rectangle Wall Sculpture by Kathleen George. And you’ll see what I mean by one thing led to another in the photo below, which includes both the Architectural Finials from yesterday and the Button Deco Cube from earlier in the week.

This is all DIY decor! Gorgeous. CraftsnCoffee.comIsn’t this a gorgeous piece of DIY wall art? And can you believe it’s made with two basic supplies – balsa wood and STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam? I have Kathleen’s tutorial and the cutting diagram on StyrofoamCrafts.com, and she’ll walk you step-by-step through the process. And think about how you can change it up – make it smaller or larger, change the colors, add more texture, or even decoupage on papers.

This wall art is gorgeous, and there's a tutorial for it on CraftsnCoffee.com.

This wall art totally transforms the space!

In some ways, it’s similar to another favorite wall art idea on Crafts ‘n Coffee – the Garden Wall Art. The Garden Wall Art shares the layered look, but without the balsa wood accents. The Garden Wall Art will give you some idea of how the Rectangle Wall Sculpture might look if you covered it in pretty scrapbook papers instead of paint.

Beautiful wall art made with scrapbook papers and Styrofoam. CraftsnCoffee.com.

The Garden Collage Wall Art is covered in scrapbook papers.

The Rectangle Wall Sculpture is not the easiest, but it is packed with one-of-a-kind style. If it’s fast you want, check out our series Great Décor in a Flash – Without a Lot of Cash. It’s all free!

Free home decorating booklets: Great Decor in a Flash -- Wihtout a Lot of Cash. Great ideas here -- super fast and super cheap, too. All made with STYROFOAM Brand Foam.I’m also going to finish the week by announcing the winner of our “Burlap and Bling” prize package, which includes a few of the favorite products from SNAP. (And a big “thank you” to FloraCraft for sponsoring the giveaway.) Today’s winner is Studio Rose. Please contact me, Studio Rose, for the details.

It’s already mid-May!  What are your weekend plans? Weddings? Graduations? Gardening?

I’ll see you next week with a few summertime craft ideas.

Happy crafting.

This entry was posted in Great Decor in a Flash -- Without a Lot of Cash, Home Decor, Wall Art and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to The coolest DIY Wall Art – ever! (And a winner)

Love the garden wall. Perfect for a peaceful room!

These papers are beautiful, and of course, you can always change them up if this isn’t your colorway. Think how cool these would look in a black & white color scheme! Happy crafting. Sharon

2. Lynn Jackson says:

Congratulations to Studio Rose for winning! I love the garden wall art. My husband has lots of the balsa wood that he uses to make airplanes. I wonder if he would noticed if I took some to make that art piece.

3. studiorose says:

Whoo-hoo! Coincidentally, I was just last night looking at a project in my favorite magazine that uses burlap as one of the supplies and thought to myself, “Self, you need to get some burlap!” You are secretly a geniem, because my burlap wish has come true! Thanks so much; I’m very excited about the burlap and also can’t wait to see the bling!

Congratulations! I guess you were sending brain waves out into the craftmosphere! I’m curious — which magazine is your favorite magazine? I’m wondering where you found your burlap craft inspiration? Sharon

4. Angie Dyer says:

This cool wall art can help change your home to modern, country, eclectic, cottage style in just a matter of a few hours of fun craft time!

I like how you think, Angie, and I hadn’t thought of it that way. You’re right, this could totally change up your style, depending on how you finished the piece. Great ideas! Thank you! Sharon

I like that first picture it’s very modern. Just our style.

6. Congratulations to Studio Rose! Enjoy your goodies!!
    I am definitely getting the goodies to make the Rectangular Wall Art! So cool! Thanks for the inspiration!

It is a really cool project! So glad you’re inspired, Barb. Where would you hang it? And do share a photo of your wall art! Sharon